From: Louis-Philippe on

ruby-processing, give you the 3D an OpenGL power Processing has:
http://wiki.github.com/jashkenas/ruby-processing

From: Michael Brooks on
Hello Marc-antoine and Brian:

> Marc-antoine Kruzik wrote:
>> Hello, I'm french, sorry for my mistakes.
>> So, I'm looking for the easiest way to use a 3D library with Ruby.
>> Not especially Ogre.rb, because I just want to do 3D with Ruby. Any 3D
>> library will be ok. :)
>
> Brian Candler wrote:
> The GL gears example exists for ruby (gears.rb). I have a copy lying
> around, and it still runs. You should be able to find it through Google.

I used the the gears.rb as the basis for a OpenGL programmable shader (i.e.
GLSL) version of the gears program. The intro to it and download can be
found through here:

http://osdir.com/ml/ruby-talk/2009-03/msg00749.html

Michael

From: Marc-antoine Kruzik on
Michael Brooks wrote:
> I used the the gears.rb as the basis for a OpenGL programmable shader
> (i.e.
> GLSL) version of the gears program. The intro to it and download can be
> found through here:
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/ruby-talk/2009-03/msg00749.html

The shaders are nice. Is OpenGL able to use shaders ? Or you made it to
use shaders your own way ?

unknown wrote:
> I was just looking at this last week:
>
> http://github.com/remogatto/ffi-opengl

I have a bug. I installed required librairies, but there is still a
problem.
http://gemcutter.org/gems/ffi-opengl

Louis-Philippe wrote:
> ruby-processing, give you the 3D an OpenGL power Processing has:
> http://wiki.github.com/jashkenas/ruby-processing

Ruby-processing seems to be very cool !
And powerfull.

I'm looking at the "rp5 app" function to create windows executables (I'm
working on windows).
The web version seems to be a good idea, but the programs weight at less
10 Mo.
And my firefox bugs when I try to load one.

I think I will use ruby-processing if I succeed to release windows
executables with it.

From: Andrea Fazzi on
Marc-antoine Kruzik wrote:

> I have a bug. I installed required librairies, but there is still a
> problem.
> http://gemcutter.org/gems/ffi-opengl

What kind of bug? Feel free to open an issue on github about it.

From: Marc-antoine Kruzik on
Andrea Fazzi wrote:
> Marc-antoine Kruzik wrote:
>
>> I have a bug. I installed required librairies, but there is still a
>> problem.
>> http://gemcutter.org/gems/ffi-opengl
>
> What kind of bug? Feel free to open an issue on github about it.

I remember I have had this kind of problems, trying to use OpenGL.
Maybe I don't have the right version of one library, or I don't install
a SDK.

Here's my bug :

require "ffi-opengl"
FFI::NotFoundError: Function 'glClearIndex' not found in [[current
process]]
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ffi-0.5.4-x86-mswin32/lib/ffi/library.rb:77:in
`attach_function'
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ffi-opengl-0.2.1/lib/ffi-opengl/gl.rb:537
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`gem_original_require'
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in
`require'
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ffi-opengl-0.2.1/lib/ffi-opengl.rb:9

from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
`gem_original_require'
from
C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
`require'

My gem list :

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

archive-tar-minitar (0.5.2)