From: Jamie Johnson on
Outlook 2007 tells me there all there, but crashes when I try to see them.
They all seem to be Microsoft at Home or Microsoft at Work, which means I
have just been seriously spammed by Microsoft.

When I go near them... to mark then read, or delete them, Outlook crashes

btw, did anyone think about roaming profiles when locating .pst files?
hmmm, thought not.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
pst's should not be in a roaming profile - they default to the local appdata
folder that does not roam. If you want them to roam, you need to put them in
the home folder - with Exchange accounts, use the Exchange mailbox, not a
local pst. Note that roaming pst is not recommended as pst can grow into the
GB and seriously affect network traffic.

There is a counting bug in Outlook 2007 - I thought it was fixed by an
update. Do you have all updates installed?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Jamie Johnson on
Thanks Diane

I keep my .pst file on network share, which I know is not supported, but it
works most of the time. I agree that having the .pst in the profile would be
a waste of bandwidth.

What would be nice is the possibility to keep it on a unc network path, and
have it a bit clever so that it does not misbehave when the network drops or
I log out with Outlook open...

btw, I once installed Exchange for our 4 mailboxes on SBS2003.... a memory
leak forced me to boot every two weeks or so, and it was a complete memory
hog. I bought SBS to run a SQL Server instance, and SQL ran an order of
magnitude better when I took Exchange off (not a simple mater in SBS2003)...
perhaps another option would be Exchange Lite for say < 10 mailboxes.

As to the counting problem, my install is current, so the bug may still be a
bug....