From: vivah8t on
Hi,

I'm having a problem with one domain getting an error message
intermittently when sending to us. This is the only domain that seems
to have this problem.

The error the sender receives is :

For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mymailgateway
#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused>

Our infrastructure is as follows:

In our DMZ we have a Windows 2003 server running SMTP 6.0 from IIS. It
forwards mail internally to our Exchange 2003 servers. The error
message above is coming from our DMZ server and not from the Exchange
servers. I really can't find any reason in the logs that this is
happening. I've checked the sender's domain against the Blacklists and
haven't found anything. I'm running out of ideas.

We also run antispam/antivirus on the DMZ server, but when the AS/AV
software rejects it does not send a NDR. So it would seem that the
message is being rejected prior to being filtered for AS/AV. Any
ideas?

Thanks for any help.

From: Arlo Clizer on
"vivah8t" <roland.brown(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1136500817.005758.196910
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> We also run antispam/antivirus on the DMZ server, but when the AS/AV
> software rejects it does not send a NDR. So it would seem that the
> message is being rejected prior to being filtered for AS/AV. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Sounds like it may be a problem on the sending end. What mail software is
on the other side of the conversation?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer