From: may wagih <may on
Dear All,

we have Window Active directory 2003, Exchange 2003 service pack 1
exchange server stopped suddenly users unable to login with this events in
the event log althought the active directory is working fine

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID: 2114
Date: 1/5/2006
Time: 9:21:54 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1860). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040931.

Regards
May
From: Andy David - MVP on
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:18:01 -0800, may wagih <may
wagih(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
> we have Window Active directory 2003, Exchange 2003 service pack 1
> exchange server stopped suddenly users unable to login with this events in
>the event log althought the active directory is working fine
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
>Event Category: Topology
>Event ID: 2114
>Date: 1/5/2006
>Time: 9:21:54 AM
>User: N/A
>Computer: MAIN
>Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1860). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040931.
>

> Regards
>May

What does "working fine" mean exactly?

I would turn up diags to max on DSAcess Logging in ESM.
From: Curt Spanburgh on
I experienced the same error on a clients forest. And sure enough, the
machine account for the exchange server was disabled.

Since a global account was used to start the CRM Exchange connector, that
service would not start as well.

DSACCESS is working fine again, and MSCRM is working too.

How this helps some of you who are implementing MSCRM in your enviroments.
\:>