From: Scott on
Hi,

Been struggling to troubleshoot this error message for the last couple of
days. Been struggling to find anything online.

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the
e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.1
Client does not have permissions to send as this sender'

I have exchange 2007 hosting "domain A". Outlook 2007 using an exchange
server account can send / receive "domain A" email no problem, enternally ,
internally. I have added a POP3 account for "domain B" however, i can
receive mail, but sending email produces the error above.

Thanks for any help
Scott

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
How have you configured your POP client's sending server (SMTP) properties?
In Exchange 2007, clients should be sending to port 587 and authenticating.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Scott on

> How have you configured your POP client's sending server (SMTP)
> properties?
> In Exchange 2007, clients should be sending to port 587 and
> authenticating.

Thank you for the reply, i understand this, have tried 587 but get the same
issue. Spotted a few of your other posts about this issue.

Looking at the "Receive Connectors" i can see IPV4 uses 587 for connected
named "client" , i can also see port 25 is used for connector named
"default".

I can telnet to to both ports
enter helo
mail from (external domain)
rcpt to (external domain)
i get "unable to relay".

Thanks
Scott

From: Scott on
interesting, i can get around this error by following this article.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=373
(allow open relay from my LAN IPs)
(add to new IP)
(point outlook pop3 account smtp accress at new IP)

problem is, i cant get it working with windows authetication.

Permission Groups set to allow Exchange User and Exchange
Autheitcation set to allow TLS and integrated windows.

When my outlook clinet attempted connect, im prompted for user pass and
eventually get unable to relay.

There simply must be permissions required on user account or the receive
connector (not visable from the GUI) then need set with the colsole.

Scott

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:07:09 -0000, "Scott" <nospam123(a)yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>interesting, i can get around this error by following this article.
>
>http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=373
>(allow open relay from my LAN IPs)
>(add to new IP)
>(point outlook pop3 account smtp accress at new IP)
>
>problem is, i cant get it working with windows authetication.
>
>Permission Groups set to allow Exchange User and Exchange
>Autheitcation set to allow TLS and integrated windows.
>
>When my outlook clinet attempted connect, im prompted for user pass and
>eventually get unable to relay.
>
>There simply must be permissions required on user account or the receive
>connector (not visable from the GUI) then need set with the colsole.

You should be able to verify (using the SMTP protocol log on the
server) that the AUTH is working.

Isn't it a bit unusual to authenticate using a Windows domain account
and send using an external email address in the MAIL FROM command???
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP