From: Rajiv K Khandelwal on
Have installed Exchange 2007 SP2 flawlessly. The Best Practice Analyzer of
Exchange 2007 tells that DatabaseMaxCacheSize should be 536870912 and not
134217728. Followed the steps given in
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd789667(EXCHG.80).aspx but am
not able to save the file EdgeTrasnport.exe.config as it says it is in use.
Have tried stopping the Exchange and saving but without any success.

Any advice shall be appreciated.

Rajiv K Khandelwal

From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
"Rajiv K Khandelwal" <rajiv(a)vardaan.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Have installed Exchange 2007 SP2 flawlessly. The Best Practice Analyzer of
> Exchange 2007 tells that DatabaseMaxCacheSize should be 536870912 and not
> 134217728. Followed the steps given in
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd789667(EXCHG.80).aspx but am
> not able to save the file EdgeTrasnport.exe.config as it says it is in
> use.
> Have tried stopping the Exchange and saving but without any success.
>
> Any advice shall be appreciated.
>
> Rajiv K Khandelwal

Is your server SBS 2008?

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, please
contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com
for regional support phone numbers.

From: Rajiv K Khandelwal on
Ace, sorry for not mentioning that it is SBS 2008.

Rajiv K Khandelwal

From: Jim Behning SBS MVP on
Did you know there is a SBS 2008 specific newsgroup over at
microsoft.connect.windows.server.sbs08 that might yield better
answers?

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:04:20 +0530, "Rajiv K Khandelwal"
<rajiv(a)vardaan.nospam.net> wrote:

>Ace, sorry for not mentioning that it is SBS 2008.
>
>Rajiv K Khandelwal
>
>"Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" <aceman(a)mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote in message
>> "Rajiv K Khandelwal" <rajiv(a)vardaan.nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Have installed Exchange 2007 SP2 flawlessly. The Best Practice Analyzer
>>> of
>>> Exchange 2007 tells that DatabaseMaxCacheSize should be 536870912 and not
>>> 134217728. Followed the steps given in
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd789667(EXCHG.80).aspx but am
>>> not able to save the file EdgeTrasnport.exe.config as it says it is in
>>> use.
>>> Have tried stopping the Exchange and saving but without any success.
>>>
>>> Any advice shall be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Rajiv K Khandelwal
>>>

>> Is your server SBS 2008?
>>
>> --
>> Ace
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
>> confers no rights.
>>
>> Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit
>> among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your
>> resolution.
>>
>> Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
>> MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
>> Microsoft Certified Trainer
>> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>>
>> If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance,
>> please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
>> http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
> Ace, sorry for not mentioning that it is SBS 2008.
>
> Rajiv K Khandelwal

Ok, thanks. If it were me and this was not SBS 2008, I would go ahead and
change it to the recommended settings. However, since SBS is different, I
don't want to come out and say, yes, go ahead and make the change. If you
do, make sure you back up the reg at that location, because I am not sure if
this setting affects anything else under SBS 2008, since SBS is different.

I would follow Jim's suggestion to post to the SBS 2008 specific newsgroup
to run it by them to make sure this change won't affect anything under SBS.

Ace