From: viensdansmavie on
I CANT DOWNLOAD FILES IN FTP ON XP PRO
I TAKE THIS MESAGE 553 Cannot send file larger than 4 gigabytes.
WHY ?
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
viensdansmavie wrote:

> I CANT DOWNLOAD FILES IN FTP ON XP PRO
> I TAKE THIS MESAGE 553 Cannot send file larger than 4 gigabytes.
> WHY ?

Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in mixed
case.

It's because you're trying to save the file to a FAT32 partition and FAT32
has a 4GB file size limit.

Please reply to the newsgroup

From: Shenan Stanley on

Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> Please don't yell at us. We can hear you if you type normally, in
> mixed case.
>
> It's because you're trying to save the file to a FAT32 partition
> and FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit.

I would think, in this case.... that when you're uploading/downloading files
to/from an FTP server, and you see a line like:
553 Cannot send file larger than 4 gigabytes scroll by, you can usually
safely assume that line (and others with a number at the beginning of the
error message) originates from your FTP server, and it is thus not your
client/OS that's telling you there is a problem, but the FTP server that has
a problem.

However - Ken is 100% correct that unless you format your drives with NTFS
(in Windows XP), you won't be able to save these files anywhere.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Baloo on
Please STOP SHOUTING by turning off your capslock and typing in mixed case.

viensdansmavie wrote:

> I CANT DOWNLOAD FILES IN FTP ON XP PRO
> I TAKE THIS MESAGE 553 Cannot send file larger than 4 gigabytes.
> WHY ?

The error message you indicate seems like the kind of message that came from
the server you're trying to upload more than four gigabytes of data to, not
from a Windows program. You'll need to talk to whoever operates the FTP
site you're uploading to about this, or upload less data.

From: PowerUser on
Someone should sue you for plagiarism http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/
Sheesh.