From: pcah on
this just started appearing in my event viewer when i start my computer.(win
xp,sp2.)
the following boot start or system driver failed to load SABKUTIL.
Can someone please tell me what the hell is sabkutil and how i can rectify
this annoyance.
thank-you.
From: Gerry Cornell on

I think it is something to do with this software.
http://www.superadblocker.com/
Is it installed or was it installed on your computer?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: pcah on
hi,thanks for the quick reply.yes it was installed but i removed it through
add/remove programs. any ideas on how to get rid of the event viewer message?

From: Joe Wright on
pcah wrote:
> hi,thanks for the quick reply.yes it was installed but i removed it through
> add/remove programs. any ideas on how to get rid of the event viewer message?
>
> "Gerry Cornell" wrote:
>

>> I think it is something to do with this software.
>> http://www.superadblocker.com/
>> Is it installed or was it installed on your computer?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>>
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> "pcah" <pcah(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> this just started appearing in my event viewer when i start my
>>> computer.(win
>>> xp,sp2.)
>>> the following boot start or system driver failed to load SABKUTIL.
>>> Can someone please tell me what the hell is sabkutil and how i can rectify
>>> this annoyance.
>>> thank-you.

Run Regedit, press Home key, press F3, type sabkutil and press Enter.
When found, make sure it refers to the right file. If so, delete the
entry, then press F3 to continue the search.

--
Joe =o)
From: NewScience on
Do the following:

1. Open Control Panel | System | Hardware | Device Manager
2. Click on View | Show Hidden Devices
3. Now look through the list for SABKUTIL

If you find it, Disable it ... test after reboot. If system still works and
message gone from Event Viewer, go back in and remove it.

If Control Panel | System .... won't let you remove it:

1. Open Regedit
2. Open Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services
3. Click on Services name
4. Top Menu: Edit | Find, enter SABKUTIL (search all categories Key,
Value, Data)
5. If found, right click on entry, Export it, right click again, Delete
6. Close regedit
7. Reboot

I would try the first option first, after the Disable, Reboot, try the
Uninstall ... just in case Windows does other things when Uninstalling
Device driver.