From: /dev/rob0 on
On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:24:21PM -0400, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> May 6 20:12:56 cloud3 postfix/smtpd[4933]: NOQUEUE: reject:
> RCPT from cloud3.newdom.com[10.249.74.116]: 554 5.7.1
> <bluethundr(a)externaldom.com>: Relay access denied;
> from=<bluethundr(a)newdom.com> to=<bluethundr(a)externaldom.com>
> proto=ESMTP helo=<cloud3>

10.249.74.116 is not in $mynetworks:

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relay_from
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mynetworks

> I am also including my main.cf and master.cf files for your
> perusal in the hopes that someone with a fresh set of eyes and
> more experience than I may be able to spot the problem

For future reference please use "postconf -n" when posting questions
here. It didn't matter this time, so I didn't bother to review your
files.

> In main.cf I have substituted newdom.com for the domain I am
> intending to setup, And I am using externaldom.com to symbolize a
> popular webmail service.

"Example" has been set aside for examples in every top-level domain,
such as example.com, example.net, et c. Newdom.com and
externaldom.com are real domains, albeit evidently just
cybersquatters.