From: Dan on
Hieveryone,

I am an excell novice trying to put together a project calculation sheet. I need to calculate total days between 2 dates excluding each and every friday. (middle east, they like to be different) My dates refer to job start and finish and i need the number of working days to automatically calculate costs on a lower table. I have seen an aray of suggestions but i cant get them to work to suit my requirements. (just calculating 6 out of seven days dosent help as a 3 day job falling over a friday will show a 4 day duration. My dates are input from a Developer tab 'date and time picker' and linked to a normal cell in standard date format. NETWORKINGDAYS as you know calculates with SAT and SUN off.

is there any way to add a new formular or modify an existing...??? if not any crack at a solution would be great.

all help appreciated.

Document Compatibility in Internet Explorer 8
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5eac37f9-f8a4-40bf-a26b-a7cd299b73c9/document-compatibility-in.aspx
From: Roger Govier on
Hi Dan

The following will give you a count of the total number of day that are not
Friday, in the range A1:A31.
Change ranges to suit

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A31)<>5),--(A1:A31<>""))

--
Regards
Roger Govier

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4756 (20100109) __________