From: Peter on
Hi All,

We have a digital ID from Verisign and sign a 64-bit driver . Does anyone
know the signed 64-bit driver (non-WHQL) can install Vista 64-bit / win7
64-bit successfully without selecting "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

Thanks
Peter

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
> We have a digital ID from Verisign and sign a 64-bit driver . Does anyone
> know the signed 64-bit driver (non-WHQL) can install Vista 64-bit / win7
> 64-bit successfully without selecting "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

Yes, it can.

The maximum you can achieve without WHQL is the blue large dialog box on _installation_ (not on load) about "Do you trust this software?".

If the driver is installed not by PnP/INF, but by CreateService - then even this is bypassed.

You can also bypass the dialog by forcing your cert to Trusted Publishers in your driver's install app.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: Peter on
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

How to force my cert to Trusted Publishers in my driver's install app ?

Peter

"Maxim S. Shatskih" <maxim(a)storagecraft.com.no.spam> ���g��l��s�D:OBcQVB2JLHA.4120(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Tim Roberts on
"Peter" <lat.peter(a)latitudeltd.com.hk> wrote:

>We have a digital ID from Verisign and sign a 64-bit driver . Does anyone
>know the signed 64-bit driver (non-WHQL) can install Vista 64-bit / win7
>64-bit successfully without selecting "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

Remember that a digital ID is not enough for KMCS. It has to be a Class 3
Code Signing Certificate. If you got the inexpensive $99 digital
certificate from Verisign, you may have wasted your money, because that
cannot be used to satisfy the 64-bit OS load-time signature check.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.