From: Piranha on
I´m doing the very first steps towards 64bit programming.
So far just checking out how it would work.
I´ve managed to install the MinGW64 Compiler Suite on Windows7 64bit,
now I´m trying to find the fitting libraries.
Elsewhere on the web I found some notes about filenames including the
number "32" such as "kernel32", where they say, that should all be
fine for 64bit, but I´m not so sure whether that´s all true?

Next thing I noticed, where my old 32bit MinGW had a full lib folder,
including the ones I need like libcomctl32.a, libwininet.a, etc.,
MinGW64 doesn´t have those, the lib folder is near empty.
I´ve tried searching the MinGW site, but couldn´t find anything, or
better, I got lost between 100s of downloads.
Could anyone tell me, where to find 64 bit libraries and headers?
From: Matti Vuori on
Piranha <eu_piranha(a)gmx.net> wrote in news:19b60313-9013-4548-97c7-
cbc7b2699687(a)k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com:
> Next thing I noticed, where my old 32bit MinGW had a full lib folder,
> including the ones I need like libcomctl32.a, libwininet.a, etc.,
> MinGW64 doesn�t have those, the lib folder is near empty.
> I�ve tried searching the MinGW site, but couldn�t find anything, or
> better, I got lost between 100s of downloads.
> Could anyone tell me, where to find 64 bit libraries and headers?

"Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"

The Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 provides
documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools designed to help
you develop Windows applications using both native (Win32�) and managed
(.NET Framework) technologies.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-
4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505&displaylang=en
From: Piranha on
On 21 Mai, 12:21, Matti Vuori <xmvu...(a)kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Piranha <eu_pira...(a)gmx.net> wrote in news:19b60313-9013-4548-97c7-
> cbc7b2699...(a)k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Next thing I noticed, where my old 32bit MinGW had a full lib folder,
> > including the ones I need like libcomctl32.a, libwininet.a, etc.,
> > MinGW64 doesn´t have those, the lib folder is near empty.
> > I´ve tried searching the MinGW site, but couldn´t find anything, or
> > better, I got lost between 100s of downloads.
> > Could anyone tell me, where to find 64 bit libraries and headers?
>
> "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
>
> The Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 provides
> documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools designed to help
> you develop Windows applications using both native (Win32®) and managed
> (.NET Framework) technologies.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-
> 4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505&displaylang=en

Thank you