From: JF Mezei on
I have a laptop on the wifi. It can connect to internet no problem. It
can connect to almost every host on the wired LAN without problem.

There is an IPMI destination on the wired LAN which is sometimes
accessible, sometimes not. (sometimes I can just start the GUI for
server monitoring, and within a few minutes it will be able to connect,
after which there is no problem - this never happens on the wired LAN
portion). During failed attempts, the wi-fi device does get an ARP
resolution for the IPMI destination.

Now howver, I try to ping or SSH to another wi-fi device (a phone) and
it fails royally. I can telnet to a wired server from the laptop, and
that server has no problem pinging or SSH to the phone.

So wi-fi to LAN seems to work.
LAN to Wi-Fi seems to work.
But Wi-fi to wi-fi seems to be a problem.

Is this common ? What should I look at in the config ?

While I am at it, for such a router, what would be the best way to run
wireshark to scan all of the wi-fi traffic ? Can I do a port monitor on
the BVI10 interface ?