From: JF Mezei on
Just an update on my problem.

Yesterday, I did success in having wi-fi laptop connect to wi-fi iphone.
This morning, it didn't work, but about 10 minutes later, it magically
worked.

While it did not work, the laptop did not resolve ARP for the iphone.
But the router had the entry for it. (I believe I have arp-cache turned
off, so this SHOULDN'T matter since the router would act as a bridge and
handle arp broadcasts as it would on a wired lan).

This is starting to sound similar to the IPMI probelm where sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't.

in the "base" interface, I have:

interface Dot11Radio0
no ip address
!
encryption vlan 10 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip wep128
!
broadcast-key vlan 10 change 600

Is it possible that this "change 600" would have anything to do with
this sporadic "works, doesn't work ?"

From: Aaron Leonard on
Hi JF,

>Just an update on my problem.
>
>Yesterday, I did success in having wi-fi laptop connect to wi-fi iphone.
>This morning, it didn't work, but about 10 minutes later, it magically
>worked.
>
>While it did not work, the laptop did not resolve ARP for the iphone.
>But the router had the entry for it. (I believe I have arp-cache turned
>off, so this SHOULDN'T matter since the router would act as a bridge and
>handle arp broadcasts as it would on a wired lan).

Actually, I've seen an issue where two wireless clients on an ISR
couldn't ping each other, unless "ip local-proxy-arp" was turned
*on*. So you might play with this.

>This is starting to sound similar to the IPMI probelm where sometimes it
>works, sometimes it doesn't.
>

>in the "base" interface, I have:
>
>interface Dot11Radio0
> no ip address
> !
> encryption vlan 10 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip wep128
> !
> broadcast-key vlan 10 change 600
>

>Is it possible that this "change 600" would have anything to do with
>this sporadic "works, doesn't work ?"

Yeah, first I would get rid of the "wep128" ... no need to do WEP
nowadays. Any client that can do wep128 can do TKIP.

Then you can try changing the broadcast key rotation interval.
We have seen clients that have a problem when the group key
changes.

Aaron