From: Saeed on
Dear Sir or Madam,

In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific
view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to
have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and
on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on).

I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default
view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized
bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format.

Could you please give me a hand?

Regards

Saeed

From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
Saeed --

Open any production project in Read-Only mode. In this project, create a
new Table with the columns your planners want to see. Make a copy of the
Tracking Gantt view, give it an original name such as _Planners View, and
select the new Table you created as the Table used in this custom View.

Open the Enterprise Global file. Click Tools - Organizer. In the pick list
in the lower left corner of the dialog, select the project that is open in
Read-Only mode. Select the new custom View on the left side and copy it to
the right side (to the Enterprise Global file). Click the Tables tab and
copy the new Table from the left side to the right side. Click the Close
button.

Save and close the Enterprise Global file. Close the Read-Only project
without saving it. Exit and relaunch Microsoft Project 2003. Click Tools -
Options - View. Select the new custom View as the default View and then
click the OK button. Tell your planners to click Tools - Options - View and
select the new custom View as their default view in the Options dialog as
well.

Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]