From: Amin on
Hi i want to start building excel applications for small businesses and
schools in my small town and i wanted to have proper sample that is a
complete workbook that can be used in a business that have more than 50
different products. i want a guide that i can always look at and try to build
up mine as well. any suggestion
From: JLatham on
I don't mean to seem rude, harsh or unfriendly, but let's see if I understand
your request: you want someone here to send you a complete workbook for some
type of business application that you can present to people and say "I can do
this type of thing"? I don't think many people are going to sent you their
work.

You said you wanted a complete workbook that can be used in a business that
have more than 50 different products. How would it be used? Inventory
control? Catalog of products? Cost control?

Building up a business of this type is tough, especially in a small
community where the demand may not be high. I think you're going to have to
start by going door-to-door and presenting yourself and your abilities to
them and say "keep me in mind if you have any office application automation
needs - or if you wonder if a custom application can save you time, money,
manpower". Leave them a small brochure of what you are capable of creating
for them. Be prepared to offer referrences, either in the form of
past/present satisfied customers and/or a resume of your training and
experience in the field.

From: Billns on
On 4/16/2010 2:42 PM, Amin wrote:
> Hi i want to start building excel applications for small businesses and
> schools in my small town and i wanted to have proper sample that is a
> complete workbook that can be used in a business that have more than 50
> different products. i want a guide that i can always look at and try to build
> up mine as well. any suggestion

Google for templates and books about Excel. You've got a lot of work
ahead of you.

Bill