From: Henry Wilson DSc on
Paul and Jerry are standing together on the equator of an Earthlike planet,
next to an optical fibre that encircles the planet, WHICH IS NOT ROTATING. Its
circumference is 40 million metres.

//===================C======================// optical fibre around equator
_____________v<-_____p___q_______________________surface (actually curved)

(the surface is drawn flat for convenience. The fibre goes right around the
planet)

Paul's clock emits light pulses every 3.33 nanoseconds through both ends of the
fibre. The pulses are labelled according to their emission times and move at c
wrt the fibre and the clock. The linear distance between each pulse is
therefore 1 metre. Each pulse takes ~4E7/3E8 (0.133) seconds to pass through
the fibre in either direction.

Since the planet is not rotating, the pulses returning to C were emitted and
detected by Jerry at point p. At any instant, 40 million pulses are in transit
around the planet in each direction.

Tom observes that the pulses arriving simultaneously from both fibres carry
identical labels.

Using powerful rockets, the planet is sent into rotation with a period of 1
day, (86400 seconds). Its surface rotation speed 'v' wrt the nonrotating frame
is 465 m/s.

In this new situation, the pulses that arrive at C when it is at point p, were
not emitted at that point but rather from an imaginary point q, which is at
rest in the nonR frame and moving away from C at speed -v in C's R frame.

Each pulse takes still takes (0.133) seconds to pass through the fibre in
either direction.
Therefore the distance p-q = 465.(4/30) metres.....or 62 metres.

Since the distance between pulses is still 1 metre in the C's frame, there are
now 40000062 pulses moving through the fibre in one direction but only 39999938
moving in the other.

"That's odd", says Tom, "now, for some reason, the pulses coming from the left
fiber left Paul's clock 0.266 seconds ahead of those arriving from the right.
Which one should I use to synch my clock?"

"This is great", says Jerry after some deliberation, "now we can build a ring
gyro that will detect absolute rotation, based entirely on Henry Wilson's
BaTh".

Henry Wilson...

........provider of free physics lessons
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:33:09 GMT, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

>Paul and Jerry are standing together on the equator of an Earthlike planet,
>next to an optical fibre that encircles the planet, WHICH IS NOT ROTATING. Its
>circumference is 40 million metres.
>
>//===================C======================// optical fibre around equator
>_____________v<-_____p___q_______________________surface (actually curved)
>
>(the surface is drawn flat for convenience. The fibre goes right around the
>planet)
>
>Paul's clock emits light pulses every 3.33 nanoseconds through both ends of the
>fibre. The pulses are labelled according to their emission times and move at c
>wrt the fibre and the clock. The linear distance between each pulse is
>therefore 1 metre. Each pulse takes ~4E7/3E8 (0.133) seconds to pass through
>the fibre in either direction.
>
>Since the planet is not rotating, the pulses returning to C were emitted and
>detected by Jerry at point p. At any instant, 40 million pulses are in transit
>around the planet in each direction.
>
>Tom observes that the pulses arriving simultaneously from both fibres carry
>identical labels.
>
>Using powerful rockets, the planet is sent into rotation with a period of 1
>day, (86400 seconds). Its surface rotation speed 'v' wrt the nonrotating frame
>is 465 m/s.
>
>In this new situation, the pulses that arrive at C when it is at point p, were
>not emitted at that point but rather from an imaginary point q, which is at
>rest in the nonR frame and moving away from C at speed -v in C's R frame.
>
>Each pulse takes still takes (0.133) seconds to pass through the fibre in
>either direction.
>Therefore the distance p-q = 465.(4/30) metres.....or 62 metres.
>
>Since the distance between pulses is still 1 metre in the C's frame, there are
>now 40000062 pulses moving through the fibre in one direction but only 39999938
>moving in the other.
>
>"That's odd", says Tom, "now, for some reason, the pulses coming from the left
>fiber left Paul's clock 0.266 seconds ahead of those arriving from the right.
>Which one should I use to synch my clock?"
>
>"This is great", says Jerry after some deliberation, "now we can build a ring
>gyro that will detect absolute rotation, based entirely on Henry Wilson's
>BaTh".
>

>Henry Wilson...
>
>.......provider of free physics lessons

Not ONE ANSWER!!!!!!!!

From: Inertial on

"Henry Wilson DSc" <..@..> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:33:09 GMT, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>
>>Paul and Jerry are standing together on the equator of an Earthlike
>>planet,
>>next to an optical fibre that encircles the planet, WHICH IS NOT ROTATING.
>>Its
>>circumference is 40 million metres.
>>
>>//===================C======================// optical fibre around
>>equator
>>_____________v<-_____p___q_______________________surface (actually curved)

What is q and v?

>>(the surface is drawn flat for convenience. The fibre goes right around
>>the
>>planet)
>>
>>Paul's clock emits light pulses every 3.33 nanoseconds through both ends
>>of the
>>fibre. The pulses are labelled according to their emission times and move
>>at c
>>wrt the fibre and the clock. The linear distance between each pulse is
>>therefore 1 metre. Each pulse takes ~4E7/3E8 (0.133) seconds to pass
>>through
>>the fibre in either direction.
>>
>>Since the planet is not rotating, the pulses returning to C were emitted
>>and
>>detected by Jerry at point p.

Doesn't matter if they are detected at p or at C

>>At any instant, 40 million pulses are in transit
>>around the planet in each direction.
>>
>>Tom

Tom? I thought it was Paul and Jerry?

>> observes that the pulses arriving simultaneously from both fibres carry
>>identical labels.
>>
>>Using powerful rockets, the planet is sent into rotation with a period of
>>1
>>day, (86400 seconds). Its surface rotation speed 'v' wrt the nonrotating
>>frame
>>is 465 m/s.

OK .. assuming you got the math right

>>In this new situation, the pulses that arrive at C when it is at point p,
>>were
>>not emitted at that point but rather from an imaginary point q,

Not an imaginary point at all. It is as real and physical point as p is.
All you are saying is that C has moved (and continues to move)

>> which is at
>>rest in the nonR frame and moving away from C at speed -v in C's R frame.

Angular speed I think you would mean, it is moving around the ring according
to C's rotating frame.

>>Each pulse takes still takes (0.133) seconds to pass through the fibre in
>>either direction.

So you're using an emission theory analysus, which does say that the time
taken for the two paths is the same.

>>Therefore the distance p-q = 465.(4/30) metres.....or 62 metres.

I'll take your word for it.

>>Since the distance between pulses is still 1 metre in the C's frame,

That's what emission theory would say

>> there are
>>now 40000062 pulses moving through the fibre in one direction but only
>>39999938
>>moving in the other.

WRONG. Emmision theory does not say that. It says that the distance in C's
frame between pulses is one meter. The distance the pulses travel in C's
frame is the same. So the number of pulses in the fibre at any given time
is the same.

You can also tell it is wrong because the same number of pulses has been
emitted in each direction and you just said earlier that they take the same
time to travel around the ring. So there must be the same number of them in
there. Or does your explanation have pulse fairies that eat up the pulses?

>>"That's odd", says Tom, "now, for some reason, the pulses coming from the
>>left
>>fiber left Paul's clock 0.266 seconds ahead of those arriving from the
>>right.
>>Which one should I use to synch my clock?"

Emmision theory doesn't say that will happen at all. It says what you said
earlier .. the time take for them to travel is the same.

What you are now suddenly describing is what SR or an aether theory would
predict. You've changed theories in mid analysis !!!

>>"This is great", says Jerry after some deliberation, "now we can build a
>>ring
>>gyro that will detect absolute rotation, based entirely on Henry Wilson's
>>BaTh".

No .. because your analysis above used SR at the end. You switched theories
mid way thru.

You started saying the time for the pulses to travel in both directions
(with the rotating tube) was the same. That is what emission theory says.
And you said the distance between the pulses (in the rotating frame) is the
same. That is what emission theory says. The consequence of that is that
there MUST be the same number of pulses in each direction in the tube at any
given time. And they MUST arrive at the detector with the same label. And
so emission theory says that a sagnac device will NOT detect rotation.

You've just admitted that your theory is refuted.

The *real* Sagnac devices have proven that THAT theory is NOT correct, and
it is NOT the same time required for the pulses (which is what SR predicts).

BAHAHAHHA

From: BURT on
On Feb 12, 2:35 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >>BaTh".
>
> No .. because your analysis above used SR at the end.  You switched theories
> mid way thru.
>
> You started saying the time for the pulses to travel in both directions
> (with the rotating tube) was the same.  That is what emission theory says.
> And you said the distance between the pulses (in the rotating frame) is the
> same.  That is what emission theory says.  The consequence of that is that
> there MUST be the same number of pulses in each direction in the tube at any
> given time.  And they MUST arrive at the detector with the same label.  And
> so emission theory says that a sagnac device will NOT detect rotation.
>
> You've just admitted that your theory is refuted.
>
> The *real* Sagnac devices have proven that THAT theory is NOT correct, and
> it is NOT the same time required for the pulses (which is what SR predicts).

Einstein could never reconcile the photon with the light wave. I ask
which wave is the photon in?
The magnetic or electric? Light is electric energy oscillating with
magnetism in a Dual Unfied force.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Henry Wilson DSc on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 09:35:45 +1100, "Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote:

>"Henry Wilson DSc" <..@..> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:33:09 GMT, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>>
>>>Paul and Jerry are standing together on the equator of an Earthlike
>>>planet,
>>>next to an optical fibre that encircles the planet, WHICH IS NOT ROTATING.
>>>Its
>>>circumference is 40 million metres.
>>>
>>>//===================C======================// optical fibre around
>>>equator
>>>_____________v<-_____p___q_______________________surface (actually curved)
>
>What is q and v?
>
>>>(the surface is drawn flat for convenience. The fibre goes right around
>>>the
>>>planet)
>>>
>>>Paul's clock emits light pulses every 3.33 nanoseconds through both ends
>>>of the
>>>fibre. The pulses are labelled according to their emission times and move
>>>at c
>>>wrt the fibre and the clock. The linear distance between each pulse is
>>>therefore 1 metre. Each pulse takes ~4E7/3E8 (0.133) seconds to pass
>>>through
>>>the fibre in either direction.
>>>
>>>Since the planet is not rotating, the pulses returning to C were emitted
>>>and
>>>detected by Jerry at point p.
>
>Doesn't matter if they are detected at p or at C

C is at point p.

>>>At any instant, 40 million pulses are in transit
>>>around the planet in each direction.
>>>
>>>Tom
>
>Tom? I thought it was Paul and Jerry?

Tom reckon the rotating frame analysis of Sagnac proves BaTh wrong.

>>> observes that the pulses arriving simultaneously from both fibres carry
>>>identical labels.
>>>
>>>Using powerful rockets, the planet is sent into rotation with a period of
>>>1
>>>day, (86400 seconds). Its surface rotation speed 'v' wrt the nonrotating
>>>frame
>>>is 465 m/s.
>
>OK .. assuming you got the math right
>
>>>In this new situation, the pulses that arrive at C when it is at point p,
>>>were
>>>not emitted at that point but rather from an imaginary point q,
>
>Not an imaginary point at all. It is as real and physical point as p is.
>All you are saying is that C has moved (and continues to move)

Hey dopey, can you see a point marked where you were 10 seconds ago?

>>> which is at
>>>rest in the nonR frame and moving away from C at speed -v in C's R frame.
>
>Angular speed I think you would mean, it is moving around the ring according
>to C's rotating frame.

v is its peripheral speed wrt the nonR frame.

>>>Each pulse takes still takes (0.133) seconds to pass through the fibre in
>>>either direction.
>
>So you're using an emission theory analysus, which does say that the time
>taken for the two paths is the same.

It certainly is.

>>>Therefore the distance p-q = 465.(4/30) metres.....or 62 metres.
>
>I'll take your word for it.
>
>>>Since the distance between pulses is still 1 metre in the C's frame,
>
>That's what emission theory would say

that's what is happening.

>>> there are
>>>now 40000062 pulses moving through the fibre in one direction but only
>>>39999938
>>>moving in the other.
>
>WRONG. Emmision theory does not say that. It says that the distance in C's
>frame between pulses is one meter. The distance the pulses travel in C's
>frame is the same.

No dopey, the travel times are the same. The path lengths are different by +/-
62m

>So the number of pulses in the fibre at any given time
>is the same.

that's correct. that is why the fringes on a sagnac interferometer do not move
during constant rotation.

>You can also tell it is wrong because the same number of pulses has been
>emitted in each direction and you just said earlier that they take the same
>time to travel around the ring. So there must be the same number of them in
>there.

No it doesn't mean that at all. I have explained perfectly well what happens.
It is only during a CHANGE of speed that pulses move in and out of the two
paths.

>Or does your explanation have pulse fairies that eat up the pulses?

No the explanation is that you are plain dopey.

>>>"That's odd", says Tom, "now, for some reason, the pulses coming from the
>>>left
>>>fiber left Paul's clock 0.266 seconds ahead of those arriving from the
>>>right.
>>>Which one should I use to synch my clock?"
>
>Emmision theory doesn't say that will happen at all. It says what you said
>earlier .. the time take for them to travel is the same.

Correct.

>What you are now suddenly describing is what SR or an aether theory would
>predict. You've changed theories in mid analysis !!!

No dopey. You are incapable of understanding what i said.

>>>"This is great", says Jerry after some deliberation, "now we can build a
>>>ring
>>>gyro that will detect absolute rotation, based entirely on Henry Wilson's
>>>BaTh".
>
>No .. because your analysis above used SR at the end. You switched theories
>mid way thru.
>
>You started saying the time for the pulses to travel in both directions
>(with the rotating tube) was the same. That is what emission theory says.
>And you said the distance between the pulses (in the rotating frame) is the
>same. That is what emission theory says. The consequence of that is that
>there MUST be the same number of pulses in each direction in the tube at any
>given time.

Only when it is not rotating.

>And they MUST arrive at the detector with the same label. And
>so emission theory says that a sagnac device will NOT detect rotation.

No dopey , it says the sagnac effect is too hard for you to understand.

>You've just admitted that your theory is refuted.
>
>The *real* Sagnac devices have proven that THAT theory is NOT correct, and
>it is NOT the same time required for the pulses (which is what SR predicts).
>
>BAHAHAHHA

come back when you have learnt to use your brain