From: Bob Adkins on

I have tried 2 fairly new disk defrag utilities recently:

"SmartDefrag" by IOBit

"DiskDefrag" by AusLogics

Both are very small and light, with quick simple install and
uninstall. Both have annoying links to other software or web pages.
The links require no extra clicks or pauses, so they are not a
hindrance in any way, just an eyesore.

Anyone tried either of them? Am I missing anything?

-

Bob
From: Saxman on
Bob Adkins wrote:

> I have tried 2 fairly new disk defrag utilities recently:

> "DiskDefrag" by AusLogics

Probably no better than windows built-in utility. Does state how much
more efficient the computer is in percentage terms.
From: Dan on
On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:22:02 -0600, Bob Adkins <bobad(a)charter.net>
wrote:

>I have tried 2 fairly new disk defrag utilities recently:
>"SmartDefrag" by IOBit
>
>Anyone tried either of them? Am I missing anything?

I've been using Smart Defrag for quite a while. It's resident, so it
does on-the-fly defragging. My apps keep opening very snappily, so
Smart Defrag must be doing something right. It's caused zero problems.
Obviously, I'm happy with it and am continuing to use it until
something I like better comes by. But I'm not looking for anything.

As a alternative, DirMS and Buzzsaw provide defrag and resident-defrag
services without a GUI.

--
Regards,
Dan
From: occam on
Dan wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:22:02 -0600, Bob Adkins <bobad(a)charter.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have tried 2 fairly new disk defrag utilities recently:
>> "SmartDefrag" by IOBit
>>
>> Anyone tried either of them? Am I missing anything?
>
> I've been using Smart Defrag for quite a while.

Really? It is still a beta. How long has it been in Beta?
From: George on
If you have Windows XP, my understanding is that the defrag utility
that comes with it uses a version of Diskeeper. I think it would be
difficult to find something better.

George

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5