From: Tom Serface on
You could just maximize the child frame into the parent frame then it will
not show as an individual window. You could also change the creation code
to not create the extra buttons in the title bar if you don't want those (or
disable them).

void CMainFrame::ActivateFrame(int nCmdShow)
{
if (!m_bActivated) {
m_bActivated = TRUE;
nCmdShow = SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED;
}
CFrameWnd::ActivateFrame(nCmdShow);
}

where m_bActivated is a member variable of your frame object.

Tom