From: garylm on
I need to create a YTD Report in the following format:

CurrMonth PrevMonth CurrYear
PrevYear
Customer1 2 1 7
5
Customer2 6 19 15
12 etc...

CurrMonth: This month
PrevMonth: Same month last year
CurrYear: This year up to and through CurrMonth
PrevYear: Last year up to and including PrevMonth

I have a query that gathers the records I need from a single table but for
the life of me I can't retreive the sum of quantities I need for the pivot
action. Is there a way to create the report without a Query or how can I
extract the numbers from my query and total them on the report? Please help!!
! The hair I haven't pulled out is completely gray.

Gary[dash]Mitchell[AT]live[DOT]com

From: Jeff Boyce on
Is there a reason you wish not to use a query? Queries work quite well to
gather the information you need to show in a report.

If you can create a query (or a "chain" of queries) that returns your
totals, could you use that to create your report?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Marshall Barton on
garylm wrote:

>I need to create a YTD Report in the following format:
>
> CurrMonth PrevMonth CurrYear
>PrevYear
>Customer1 2 1 7
>5
>Customer2 6 19 15
>12 etc...
>
>CurrMonth: This month
>PrevMonth: Same month last year
>CurrYear: This year up to and through CurrMonth
>PrevYear: Last year up to and including PrevMonth
>
>I have a query that gathers the records I need from a single table but for
>the life of me I can't retreive the sum of quantities I need for the pivot
>action. Is there a way to create the report without a Query or how can I
>extract the numbers from my query and total them on the report?

Try something like this, but don't expect it to be any
faster than a pig in mud.

SELECT qryCurrYear.customer,
Sum(IIf(dtfield Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,
Month(Date()), 1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,
Month(Date()) + 1, 0), amount, 0)) As PrevMonth,
Sum(IIf(dtfield Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1, 1, 1)
And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1, Month(Date()) + 1, 0),
amount, 0)) As PrevYear,
Sum(IIf(dtfield Between DateSerial(Year(Date()),
Month(Date()), 1) And DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date())
+ 1, 0), amount, 0)) As CurrMonth,
Sum(IIf(dtfield Between DateSerial(Year(Date()), 1, 1)
And DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 0), amount,
0)) As CurrYear
FROM table
WHERE whatever

--