From: Eric Promislow on
You could run Komodo off a pen-drive, with a separate director for
the binaries for each platform (Windows, OSX, Linux), and one
portable profile directory. You'd need to set the
KOMODO_USERDATADIR env. var to point to the USB drive, but
that should be all.

We sometimes use python's pickle to serialize data -- I'm assuming
that this will be portable across platforms.

- Eric
From: thunk on
On Mar 4, 6:12 pm, Reiichi Tyrael <xxreiich...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I am searching for a good portable text editor or IDE for Ruby to use on
> my pen drive, I am not interested in other languages, neither Ruby on
> Rails, just a very good place to write Ruby code. Any idea?

Just my quick 1 cent worth, without studying all the replies: The
sciTe editor is "solid", fast, has "decent" Ruby support. You could
do worse if you don't find what you are looking for
specifically....imho. I also just want to mention "EditRocket"
which is sold for something like $39 and has some nice features I lust
after, and I suspect you are not too likely to hear about them
otherwise...

SciTe does X & windoz
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

http://www.editrocket.com/features/ruby_editor.html

Thunk
From: Robert Klemme on
2010/3/5 Reiichi Tyrael <xxreiichixx(a)gmail.com>:
> I am searching for a good portable text editor or IDE for Ruby to use on
> my pen drive, I am not interested in other languages, neither Ruby on
> Rails, just a very good place to write Ruby code. Any idea?

If I'm not mistaken nobody suggested JEdit yet.

http://www.jedit.org/

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/