From: Grandfather of TOS on
get better quality hubs, make sure all of them are the same brand.

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message news:4c5b61e6$1(a)news.bnb-lp.com...

I've got three 4-port hubs on my system. From time to time after a
reboot, some of them don't enumerate properly, and you have to unplug
and replug them. Is there some way in software to get Windows to rescan
them? Of course that won't do any good if the USB hub that your mouse
and keyboard are on is the one that doesn't get enumerated properly, but
I'm tired of reaching into the back to unplug them.

Also is there a known limit on how many USB devices that can be put into
a single machine? I have at least over a dozen USB devices connected at
a time usually, sometimes more.

Yousuf Khan
From: Shoe on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 07:07:34 -0400, "Dave \"Crash\" Dummy"
<invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> I've got three 4-port hubs on my system. From time to time after a
>> reboot, some of them don't enumerate properly, and you have to unplug
>> and replug them. Is there some way in software to get Windows to
>> rescan them? Of course that won't do any good if the USB hub that
>> your mouse and keyboard are on is the one that doesn't get enumerated
>> properly, but I'm tired of reaching into the back to unplug them.
>>
>> Also is there a known limit on how many USB devices that can be put
>> into a single machine? I have at least over a dozen USB devices
>> connected at a time usually, sometimes more.
>>
>> Yousuf Khan
>
>I don't know squat about USB, but you might avoid the mouse/keyboard
>uncertainty by using the PS/2 connectors (if available) for them, instead.
I've been having a problem with my wireless keyboard and mouse for a
long time. They don't work at boot until the OS starts and they will
not wake the computer from sleep (Windows 7). Another response in
this thread said that they should be connected directly to a port on
the motherboard. Mine was connected to a slot on an expansion card. I
moved the plug to the motherboard and it fixed the problem. It
appears as if the computer sees hub connections and expansion card
connection differently than motherboard connections. Problem solved
for me - thanks to the person who posted that solution. By the way, I
talked to Intel online chat and they said the problem was that my
motherboard is not fully compatible with Windows 7, even though there
is no problem when the OS is running.
From: Yousuf Khan on
On 8/6/2010 7:53 AM, Grandfather of TOS wrote:
> get better quality hubs, make sure all of them are the same brand.

How do you know they aren't all that already?

Yousuf Khan
From: Grandfather of TOS on
Because I have intuition. If they are so good take them back and ask for a
refund and buy something else.

From: Yousuf Khan on
On 8/6/2010 2:36 PM, Grandfather of TOS wrote:
> Because I have intuition. If they are so good take them back and ask for
> a refund and buy something else.

Ah, I see, you use the same method of purchasing computer gear as you do
for ladies' purses?

Yousuf Khan
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4