From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:20:47AM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:

> From the mydestination docs:
> a "type:table" lookup table is matched when a name matches a lookup key
> (the lookup result is ignored).
>
> All map files require a "key result" format. In the case of a map file
> used as a list, such as virtual_mailbox_domains, the result must be present
> but is not used. So your file must look like:
> example.com dummy
> example1.com dummy
>
> Where "dummy" is any text you care to use.

If course if one uses:

virtual_mailbox_domains =
${config_directory}/vdomains

rather than:

virtual_mailbox_domains =
${default_database_type}:${config_directory}/vdomains

as documented the (non-table) file just lists one domain per line,
with no "dummy" values.

--
Viktor.

From: Phil Howard on
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:20, Noel Jones <njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

> From the mydestination docs:
> a "type:table" lookup table is matched when a name matches a lookup key (the
> lookup result is ignored).
>
> All map files require a "key  result" format.  In the case of a map file
> used as a list, such as virtual_mailbox_domains, the result must be present
> but is not used.  So your file must look like:
> example.com   dummy
> example1.com   dummy
>
> Where "dummy" is any text you care to use.

How would I do this for smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

From: Noel Jones on
On 6/23/2010 11:30 AM, Phil Howard wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:20, Noel Jones<njones(a)megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
>
>> From the mydestination docs:
>> a "type:table" lookup table is matched when a name matches a lookup key (the
>> lookup result is ignored).
>>
>> All map files require a "key result" format. In the case of a map file
>> used as a list, such as virtual_mailbox_domains, the result must be present
>> but is not used. So your file must look like:
>> example.com dummy
>> example1.com dummy
>>
>> Where "dummy" is any text you care to use.
>
> How would I do this for smtpd_recipient_restrictions?

That question makes no sense. Rephrase.

From: Phil Howard on
>> How would I do this for smtpd_recipient_restrictions?
>

> That question makes no sense.  Rephrase.

I was looking for a general solution. I picked an example. But I
apparently picked a bad example because the solution seems to be
example specific. I guess I better not pick examples, anymore.

How do I get contents inserted into the main.cf file from another
file, IN GENERAL, without having to rebuild main.cf and do a reload
every time?

From: Noel Jones on
On 6/23/2010 11:40 AM, Phil Howard wrote:
>>> How would I do this for smtpd_recipient_restrictions?
>>

>> That question makes no sense. Rephrase.
>
> I was looking for a general solution. I picked an example. But I
> apparently picked a bad example because the solution seems to be
> example specific. I guess I better not pick examples, anymore.
>
> How do I get contents inserted into the main.cf file from another
> file, IN GENERAL, without having to rebuild main.cf and do a reload
> every time?

There is no "include" syntax for main.cf itself.

You can use a Makefile to build a main.cf from proto files, or
use "postconf -e ..." for program-controlled editing of main.cf.

-- Noel Jones