From: dmills on
Could Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong With This SQL... It keeps telling me that
the FROM Clause is the syntax problem...

SELECT tCurtran.TID, tCurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.appsta
FROM [Curtran]
JOIN ICurtran on tCurtran.TID=ICurtran.TID
WHERE tCurtran.appsta in (8,9,10,11) and ICurtran.EDATE1>tCurtran.EDATE1 and
not exists
(SELECT 1 from BCurtran WHERE BCurtran.edate1 between tCurtran.EDATE1 and
ICurtran.EDATE1 and BCurtran.TID=tcurtran.TID)

I have a table [curtran] i need 3 instances of the table matched to itself:
tcurtran, icurtran, bcurtran

Thanks in advance
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi,

On 12.03.2010 15:32, dmills wrote:
> Could Someone Tell Me What Is Wrong With This SQL... It keeps telling me that
> the FROM Clause is the syntax problem...
>
> SELECT tCurtran.TID, tCurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.appsta
> FROM [Curtran]
> JOIN ICurtran on tCurtran.TID=ICurtran.TID
You have specified another table name after the FROM:

[Curtran] <> tCurtran

btw, using table alias names would have avoided this:

SELECT C.TID, C.EDATE1, I.EDATE1, I.appsta
FROM Curtran C
JOIN ICurtran I
ON C.TID = I.TID

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Jerry Whittle on
You need to define the tables with something like:

FROM [Curtran] AS tCurtran

You'll need to do this on all 3 variations of Curtran.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: John Spencer on
You are not specifying the join type. Instead of JOIN you should have INNER
JOIN, LEFT JOIN, or RIGHT JOIN. The most common type of join is an INNER JOIN.

SELECT tCurtran.TID, tCurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.EDATE1, ICurtran.appsta
FROM [Curtran]
INNER JOIN
ICurtran on tCurtran.TID=ICurtran.TID
WHERE tCurtran.appsta in (8,9,10,11)
and ICurtran.EDATE1>tCurtran.EDATE1
and not exists
(SELECT 1 from BCurtran
WHERE BCurtran.edate1 between tCurtran.EDATE1 and ICurtran.EDATE1
and BCurtran.TID=tcurtran.TID)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute