From: Paul on
nurmi wrote:
> Thanks Paul for a informative explanation.
> I am stuck with burning the Unbutu Data onto a Cd. I am informed that the C
> does not have enough free space for all your files. There is 656 MB free
> space on the disk and 649 MB to be written. What to do?
> Would you please instruct me how to stop the request for check Disk on
> boot-up?
> Nurmi

Get a copy of Imgburn and burn the CD that way. Imgburn knows how
to properly process the ISO9660 file, and Imgburn is free. I've used
Imgburn, for burning dual layer DVD-9 and it did a nice job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imgburn

"Supported formats - BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO <--- "

http://majorgeeks.com/ImgBurn_d4870.html (download links)

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download (download links)

Not all CD/DVD burners can handle a 700MB Linux LiveCD. The very first
time I tried to burn such a CD, I discovered my burner would only
handle a 650MB ISO file and nothing larger. I actually ended up
buying a new burner, and that one had no problem burning the file.
If you have a really old CD burner, that may prevent burning
media larger than 650MB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-ROM

"Capacities of Compact Disc types (90 and 99 minute discs are not standard)

Type Minutes

650 MB 74 <---- first time I tried, this was the limit with the old burner
700 MB 80 <---- with a new burner, I could burn one of these
800 MB 90
900 MB 99
"

*******

http://www.ehow.com/how_5022770_stop-chkdsk.html

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/02/23/disable-or-stop-auto-chkdsk-during-windows-startup/

HTH,
Paul

From: nurmi on
Thanks Paul.
I tried but this is what showed up:
The disk type being burned is a ISO CD and you have loaded a CD ROM or burnt
CD. Pls insert an appropriate disk.
Since this attempt I have disconnected printer, speakers, extra storage
device, headphones, and checked the interior of the PC again.
The PC booted up, and accepted all the above, without a whimper. I have had
it on for hours and although it is slow responding to opening the Computer,
all seems to be well.
So thank you for now. You will probably hear from me again.
Have a good summer.
Nurmi