From: Georgios Petasis on
Hi all,

Is there a package/code/command that will help me parse a piece of tcl
code, without executing it?
What I want to do is to locate all commands inside a piece of code, and
add a prefix infront of each command (also inside if/for/foreach/switch,
etc.)

George
From: Robert Heller on
At Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:19:43 +0300 Georgios Petasis <petasis(a)iit.demokritos.gr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a package/code/command that will help me parse a piece of tcl
> code, without executing it?
> What I want to do is to locate all commands inside a piece of code, and
> add a prefix infront of each command (also inside if/for/foreach/switch,
> etc.)
>
> George

'info complete' is your friend.

I am not sure it really makes sense to 'parse' Tcl code.

There is a package available called 'nagelfar' that checks for balenced
braces, etc. It might be possible to hack this code to do what you want.

heller(a)deepsoft.com -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk

From: Don Porter on

http://wiki.tcl.tk/cmdsplit

--
| Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter(a)nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory |