From: Chris H on
Hi

It is time to treat myself to a new photo printer so I thought I would
ask here for recommendations.

Asked in three shops locally and the answers were
Canon PIXMA pro9000
Epson Stylus Photo R2880
HP Photosmart Pro B8190

Anyone got any better suggestions?

I know I can get an Ink Flow system for the Epson. But apart from that
it is hard to work out the pros and con's of the three above. I suppose
as a user of God's own Camera system (Nikon) a Canon printer is out of
the question :-)

From: Savageduck on
On 2009-10-19 08:44:59 -0700, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:

> Hi
>
> It is time to treat myself to a new photo printer so I thought I would
> ask here for recommendations.
>
> Asked in three shops locally and the answers were
> Canon PIXMA pro9000
> Epson Stylus Photo R2880
> HP Photosmart Pro B8190
>
> Anyone got any better suggestions?
>
> I know I can get an Ink Flow system for the Epson. But apart from that
> it is hard to work out the pros and con's of the three above. I suppose
> as a user of God's own Camera system (Nikon) a Canon printer is out of
> the question :-)

Not necessarily, I have a 2 year old Canon i9900 which prints perfectly
acceptable 13 x 19 prints from my Nikon D70 & D300 files.

The Epson which the i9900 replaced remains an ink clogged anchor.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Eric Stevens on
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:44:59 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>It is time to treat myself to a new photo printer so I thought I would
>ask here for recommendations.
>
>Asked in three shops locally and the answers were
>Canon PIXMA pro9000
>Epson Stylus Photo R2880
>HP Photosmart Pro B8190
>
>Anyone got any better suggestions?
>
>I know I can get an Ink Flow system for the Epson. But apart from that
>it is hard to work out the pros and con's of the three above. I suppose
>as a user of God's own Camera system (Nikon) a Canon printer is out of
>the question :-)

The 2880 uses the most recent of the Epson pigment ink systems and I
doubt that either of the others will be able to surpass it (or even
equal it). However you should look into the problems you will
encounter whan switching from colour to monochrome and vice versa.

Eric Stevens
From: Eric Stevens on
On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:02:12 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2009-10-19 08:44:59 -0700, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> said:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> It is time to treat myself to a new photo printer so I thought I would
>> ask here for recommendations.
>>
>> Asked in three shops locally and the answers were
>> Canon PIXMA pro9000
>> Epson Stylus Photo R2880
>> HP Photosmart Pro B8190
>>
>> Anyone got any better suggestions?
>>
>> I know I can get an Ink Flow system for the Epson. But apart from that
>> it is hard to work out the pros and con's of the three above. I suppose
>> as a user of God's own Camera system (Nikon) a Canon printer is out of
>> the question :-)
>
>Not necessarily, I have a 2 year old Canon i9900 which prints perfectly
>acceptable 13 x 19 prints from my Nikon D70 & D300 files.
>
>The Epson which the i9900 replaced remains an ink clogged anchor.

An ancient model?

Eric Stevens
From: Mr. Jon Pope on
I will always stay with EPSON I have never had any problems. I am using the
EPSON NX-400 and the pics it prints are awesome . A 8x10 print takes 20
minutes to print