From: milleron on

I recently had to reinstall Windows on my A8N-SLI Premium. As I'm
trying to install the Asus Cool and Quiet app, it craps out with the
message "Fail to install IO Driver." I remember quite clearly having
this happen during my first installation of the OS in June. I recall
that the solution to getting the CnQ setup program to complete
successfully was very simple, but I cannot remember what in the world
it was. I have it enabled in BIOS, and I have Power Mgmt set to
"Minimal." What am I missing???

Ron
From: Mercury on
BIOS version?
Downloading latest CnQ stuff from Asus?

From: milleron on
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:27:03 +1300, "Mercury" <me(a)spam.com> wrote:

>BIOS version?
>Downloading latest CnQ stuff from Asus?

BIOS is 1004 -- same one that came on the board in June.
I downloaded the 1.022 CnQ package from Asus (this release was
supposedly made just to include 64-bit OS functionality), and it DOES
INSTALL OK. It still didn't do anything, but that was because on the
Ghost image I used to restore the system, the AMD CPU driver hadn't
yet been installed. Did that, and it's good to go.

Thanks

>"milleron" <millerdot90(a)SPAMLESSosu.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> I recently had to reinstall Windows on my A8N-SLI Premium. As I'm
>> trying to install the Asus Cool and Quiet app, it craps out with the
>> message "Fail to install IO Driver." I remember quite clearly having
>> this happen during my first installation of the OS in June. I recall
>> that the solution to getting the CnQ setup program to complete
>> successfully was very simple, but I cannot remember what in the world
>> it was. I have it enabled in BIOS, and I have Power Mgmt set to
>> "Minimal." What am I missing???
>>
>> Ron

Ron