From: David Kaye on
Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order to
extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0.

From: Kevin Provance on

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
: Does anybody have source code that can read AAC/M4A audio files in order
: extract the tags? I'm working in VB 6.0.

I just Googled it. Losts of example there. Any reason you couldn't try
that first?

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

From: David Kaye on
"Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

>I just Googled it. Losts of example there. Any reason you couldn't try
>that first?

Find me some. Have you actually LOOKED at the sites? I haven't yet found
source code. I have found people trying to sell me apps, and I've found lame
websites that simply take my Google search and display a page that has those
words on it along with pitches for products that have nothing to do with what
I need.

From: Kevin Provance on

: "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:
:
: >I just Googled it. Losts of example there. Any reason you couldn't try
: >that first?
:
: Find me some. Have you actually LOOKED at the sites? I haven't yet found
: source code. I have found people trying to sell me apps, and I've found
lame
: websites that simply take my Google search and display a page that has
those
: words on it along with pitches for products that have nothing to do with
what
: I need.

::sigh::

Start here: http://atomicparsley.sourceforge.net/mpeg-4files.html Lots of
specs. You might actually have to write some of your own code, versus just
cutting and pasting someone elses. That's how you learn things.

If you must use someone elses code, you could try here:
http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/index.php You may have to do conversion from
one language to another.

If this all proves to difficult for you, I'd be happy to discuss my rates
for actually writing the code for you.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: argusy on

> I just figured that surely someone must have put together a VB 6 project to
> read AAC tags, but I guess that's not the case. That's all I needed to know.

Gee, you have everything in black and white, don't you?

You asked a question. Nobody said "yes" - ergo, nobody anywhere at any time, has
written a program that does what you want.

Just give it a bit more time to see if even one person has done it.
After all, this world is round, not flat. That person with the source code may
be asleep on the other side of this planet

Graham