From: Roger Abell [MVP] on
Per your comments at the end of your post - you will be seeing
changes that address much of what you have indicated.

From: lforbes on
Glad to hear. I always thought using multiple copies of the ADM's made no
sense especially when they were identical duplicates.

Cheers,
Lara

From: lforbes on

From: MA P on
I receive error after overwriting the existing system.adm with the one from
Windows XP Prof SP2. Is that normal?
"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam-only(a)gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] schrieb:
>> My real question is, if I subsequently open/close that particular GPO
>> from
>> the W2k server, will it change the policy such that I won't get to see
>> the
>> cool new stuff again if I view the policy again from an XP client?
>
> No.
>
>> As in, is there some sort of overwriting that takes place when one opens
>> it on the server?
>> I'm not sure I've gone about this the right way and would love to avoid
>> future headaches.
>
> It only can cause errors, if the local existing ADM files are newer
> than the ones inside the sysvol\...\{guidofPol}\ADM folder.
> Perhaps you edit your system.adm on the 2000 DC to extend
> the nodrives feature.
>
> There is a automatic update feature, that is enabled by default. Thats
> the MS way to update the GPO, if you are using a client with a new SP.
>
> This can be disabled. Take a look at:
> Userconf\Admtempl\Sytem\Group Policy
> "Deactivate automatic update of adm templates"
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
> extend GPO: www.desktopstandard.com
> PM: Vorname(a)Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: LDAP win2003/SSL
Next: event id:13552