From: MA P on
I have Windows 2000 DCs and Windows XP Pro SP2 clients. Can GPO on AD
control Windows Firewall Settings?

From: "Andrei Ungureanu [MVP]" contact me via on
yes. You need to use the proper adm files:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/8/a/68a81446-cd73-4a61-8665-8a67781ac4e8/WF_XPSP2.doc#_Toc85246651

--
Regards,
Andrei Ungureanu

From: MA P on
I cant understand, I need to include new adm that is included on winxpsp2
machine?

From: Louis Vitiello Jr. on
Greetings,

There are firewall configuration options in the GPOs for your Windows XP
Machines. You need to installed the new System.adm template included in XP
SP2. This will add the Windows Firewall features to your GPO options.

For more on the new adm templates visit:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gpe_shippedadms.mspx?mfr=true

Hope this helps,

--
Louis Vitiello Jr.
MCSE +S, MCSA, MCP, A+/N+

From: lforbes on
Hi,

ADM files are Group Policy files. They are changed and modified with each OS
upgrade. The nice thing about them is they are all inclusive so you can run
Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 ADM's on a Windows 2000 Server.

You can download the most recent copy here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=92759d4b-7112-4b6c-ad4a-bbf3802a5c9b&DisplayLang=en

Copy the ADM's into the inf folder on ALL your DC's and any machines running
adminpak.msi to modify Group Policy.

Don't worry, any settings you have already won't change. However, Group
Policy will look a little different structure wise with a lot more policies.

Cheers,
Lara

"MA P" wrote:

> I have Windows 2000 DCs and Windows XP Pro SP2 clients. Can GPO on AD
> control Windows Firewall Settings?
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: LDAP win2003/SSL