From: IkkI on
Dear All,

I take a job to repair AD.
there is network......
last IT staff setup that win 2k and win 2k8...to transfer domain
controller...however.. it fail and can not communicate each other.....
then he setup win2k3.....
the problem is that win2k and win2k8 can not talk with each other....
I need to create user twice on win 2k and win2k8......
win2k8 can not seize any role......

I would like to know how to solve it without re-create domain?

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello IkkI,

You are mixing a bit with the OS versions. Please describe in detail what
you have now up and running, amount of DCs, how they are located and what
is crashed. Also describe the kind of backup that is made from the borken
domain.

Also add the output files from the support tools:
dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt
netdiag /v >c:\netdiag.txt [from each DC, netdiag may work but isn't supported
with Windows server 2008 and higher]
repadmin /showrepl dc* /verbose /all /intersite >c:\repl.txt (if more then
one DC exists)
dnslint /ad /s "DCipaddress" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321045)

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Florian Frommherz on
Howdie!

Am 12.08.2010 03:48, schrieb IkkI:
> I take a job to repair AD.
> there is network......
> last IT staff setup that win 2k and win 2k8...to transfer domain
> controller...however.. it fail and can not communicate each other.....
> then he setup win2k3.....
> the problem is that win2k and win2k8 can not talk with each other....
> I need to create user twice on win 2k and win2k8......
> win2k8 can not seize any role......

Seriously, you need some professional help that gets you out of this
mess of a domain. Creating users twice is _not_ going to help. You're
just creating two different users. The problems you have are, as you
correctly noticed, connection problems. So you need to find the cause.
Is network connectivity given? Can you actually ping the machine from
one another? Is name resultion working and DNS setup well? DNS is
_vital_ for AD to work, so make sure you have that straight. Once
connectivity is given, I'm sure things straighten out and replication is
kicking in.

Cheers,
Florian
From: IkkI on
They can ping each other....
DNS setup well already on windows 2k...but I can not open it on win2k8
though role is add already...

"Florian Frommherz" <florian(a)LEAVETHISOUT.frickelsoft.net> �b�l��i�K���e�D��
#ZyheyjOLHA.5064(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl �����g...

From: IkkI on
I need to think think what u say as it seem difficult for me....

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> 在郵件張貼內容主旨
6cb2911d1268e8cd080b394763ae(a)msnews.microsoft.com 中撰寫...