From: seshuramakrishna on
Dear ALL,

I want a macro for following scene...plz help any body...

I HAVE TWO VALUES IN CELL:A1 & CELL:A3

NOW I WANT ADD THE TWO VALUES IN THE SAME CELL A3 & IF I CHANGE THE VALUE IN
A1 THEN THAT VALUE TO BEE ADDED TO A3 VALUE(MEANS A3+A1) & SAME ......

HOW IT POSSIBLE PLZ GUIDE ME.

EX:

A1=6,A3=3

NOW I WANT IN A3=9

IF I CHANGED IN A1(A3 HAVING 9 ONLY) MEANS NOW A1=10

THEN A3 BECOMES 9+10 MEANS A3=19.& SAME CONTNUIOUS HOW IT POSSIBLE.....
--
seshu
From: Gary''s Student on
Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Set t = Target
Set a1 = Range("A1")
If Intersect(t, a1) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
a1.Offset(2, 0).Value = a1.Offset(2, 0).Value + a1.Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

as you change the value in A1, it will automatically be aded to the value in
A3.

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

From: JE McGimpsey on
See:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html