From: Jamie on
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing
every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste
From: Gord Dibben on
You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell
within that sheet?

You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within
that sheet?

Please explain in more detail.

The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Joe User on
"Jamie" wrote:
> I have a large workbook with the tab titles
> available to copy to save typing every single
> one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a
> form of copy-paste

Well, copy-and-paste __does__ work. Select a cell, press ctrl+C, select a
tab, right-click and select Rename, then press ctrl+V.

If you want to copy only part of a cell, select the cell, select part of the
text in the Function Bar, and press ctrl+C.

If you would like to do this with a macro, use Record a New Macro to see
what Rename tab does. The following paradigm might be a starting point; it
assumes you select a cell with the new tab name:

Sub doit()
ActiveSheet.Name = Selection
End Sub