From: Accessor on
Hi all. I'm trying to use some ADO via VBA in my database, and I'm running up
against the error "could not find installable ISAM." It's frustrating since I
have the same connect string except for the file name in excel vba for
another database. I just set up the ADO reference, 2.8. Any suggestions?
Here's my connect string:

strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Souce=C:\Documents
and Settings\User\Desktop\BusinessActive\Estimator 9-28-09.accdb"

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
From: Bob Larson on
Are you trying to use this code inside the same database that you are
connecting to? if so, just use the

CurrentProject.Connection

and don't attempt to use an outside reference as it will blow up on you.

--

Bob Larson
Access MVP

From: veronique tisserand on

"Bob Larson" <accessbob(a)hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : uQM5ENLQKHA.3540(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Are you trying to use this code inside the same database that you are
> connecting to? if so, just use the
>
> CurrentProject.Connection
>
> and don't attempt to use an outside reference as it will blow up on you.
>
> --
>
> Bob Larson
> Access MVP
>
> "Accessor" <Accessor(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all. I'm trying to use some ADO via VBA in my database, and I'm
>> running up
>> against the error "could not find installable ISAM." It's frustrating
>> since I
>> have the same connect string except for the file name in excel vba for
>> another database. I just set up the ADO reference, 2.8. Any suggestions?
>> Here's my connect string:
>>
>> strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data
>> Souce=C:\Documents
>> and Settings\User\Desktop\BusinessActive\Estimator 9-28-09.accdb"
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Kevin

Pages: 1
Prev: news
Next: Filter Appointment item from Outlook