From: Nick Friend on
Ok, this one has really got me puzzled.

We have a set of DBF files in an ADS data dictionary. We also use
ReportPro 2. I've been getting issues with temporary file locations
(because ADS wants them on the same server), so I've forced reportpro
to use the DBFCDX driver throughout.... so the dbf swap array
explicitly uses BDFCDX as the driver, files that we open in the
background for calculations are also opened explicitly using DBFCDX,
and the reports themselves are old and created under DBFCDX.

Yet when I try to run reports I get errors from the Advantage server
that it doesn't have a valid connection handle. How can the Advantage
server be involved if I'm using DBFCDX throughout in this part of our
code?

Can anyone throw any light on this?

TIA

Nick
From: richard.townsendrose on
Nick

ah... well dont try using ads with reportpro2 with dbfcdx.

BUT when you have an ip connection you cannot use the global path
specifer like:
SUPER:Init(oOwner, cRPTName, GetDefault(), aDBFSwap)

so you have to use the dbfswap for EVEY table - not just the key ones
but alos all the ones added on.

I am sure there is still a bug in ReportPro's designer which fails to
save the index path correctly - some times we get that message. the
answer is to open the report in the designer, and select and right
click the offending table in the section setup, and click the index
and reset it.

richard
From: Geoff Schaller on
Oh! Something RP doesn't do well, eh?

<g>

"richard.townsendrose" <richard.townsendrose(a)googlemail.com> wrote in
message

From: Nick Friend on
Richard,

There seems to be a problem with ReportPro understanding the path when
I use the AXDBFCDX driver....

1. In reports that create temporary indexes for sorting, I'm getting
errors that the index and table are not on the same server even though
I've set the TempPath in RPWIN.INI to the server drive.
2. With DBFCDX I can have the path to the data directory set with
SetDefault(), and then simply pass in the table names required. With
AXDBFCDX I'm having to explicitly set the path for every file... and
yes, we use dbfSwap to swap every single file that's needed.
3. I've tried simply changing the driver to "DBFCDX" for the entire
reporting section, but then I get really odd errors trying to open
tables.

We also use an external function library... I wonder whether that's
affecting the connection handle for AXDBFCDX, as I imagine that
ReportPro does a LoadLibrary somewhere to get that, in which case the
connection handle for the AXDBFCDX driver might not be valid...

Nick

From: richard.townsendrose on
nick

i dont use rpwin.ini at all ...

i occasionally get this when updating report layouts that have been
doctored by one particular guy in ireland ...

and the fix has always been the same ... redo the index. does this
happen on every report ?

richard

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2