From: Bill Cunningham on
Is there a way one can come to understand encryption such as AES without
having to study finate math? I am familiar with algebra is that possilby the
only requirement one might need for basic encryption?

Bill

From: rossum on
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:39:53 -0500, "Bill Cunningham"
<nospam(a)nspam.invalid> wrote:

> Is there a way one can come to understand encryption such as AES without
>having to study finate math? I am familiar with algebra is that possilby the
>only requirement one might need for basic encryption?
>
>Bill

Start with the Handbook of Applied Cryptography:

http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/

rossum