From: Kenneth Tilton on
qooxdoo + Common Lisp (+ Cells, a common lisp dataflow hack):
http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/

Just a proof of concept so far, but includes a substantial starter example:
http://github.com/downloads/kennytilton/qooxlisp/apropos-kt.jpg

Discussion of the Lisp advantage here:
http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/the-lisp-in-qooxlisp

Discussion of the Cells advantage is being written next and will appear
here:
http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/the-cells-insidetm-qooxlisp

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
From: David Mark on
On May 30, 1:49 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> qooxdoo + Common Lisp (+ Cells, a common lisp dataflow hack):
>    http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/

Qooxdoo + anything < 0; // true
From: Roby Sadeli on
On May 31, 12:49 am, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> qooxdoo + Common Lisp (+ Cells, a common lisp dataflow hack):
>    http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/
>
> Just a proof of concept so far, but includes a substantial starter example:
>    http://github.com/downloads/kennytilton/qooxlisp/apropos-kt.jpg
>
> Discussion of the Lisp advantage here:
>  http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/the-lisp-in-qooxlisp
>
> Discussion of the Cells advantage is being written next and will appear
> here:
>  http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/the-cells-insidetm-qooxlisp
>
> kt
>
> --http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
> "The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."
> Macworld

Really cool stuff Mr. Tilton!
I have been reading your blog and noticed your interest in qooxdoo +
lisp.
I really hope your interest in qooxlisp doesn't wane anytime soon
since I
really want to see a complete framework that people can use. (+ great
docs
:) )

Btw, my Lisp knowledge is minimal and I have just learned how to
use cl-weblocks.
From: Kenneth Tilton on
David Mark wrote:
> On May 30, 1:49 pm, Kenneth Tilton <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> qooxdoo + Common Lisp (+ Cells, a common lisp dataflow hack):
>> http://wiki.github.com/kennytilton/qooxlisp/
>
> Qooxdoo + anything < 0; // true

Dave! Whassup?!

I considered building a framework atop your stuff to make for much
lighter initial loads but needed a quick win. (and qooxdoo rocks for RIAs).

Maybe for my next effort, if you 'll do an LGPL license for it.

kt

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> David Mark wrote:
>> On May 30, 11:06 pm, Kenny <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think it was a breakdown in parallel universes. In mine qooxdoo works
>>> brilliantly.
>>
>> Based on what evidence? I'm guessing you tried it in a handful of
>> browsers you had handy and figured if it appeared to work in those, it
>> must be "brilliant". Did it ever occur to you that the authors of
>> qooxdoo tried the same browsers before you and inserted lots of hacks
>> and sniffs to make them appear to work? What do you think will happen
>> in anything older, newer or unknown to the authors?
>
> I'll lose 0.01% of my market for a week until the ten full-time
> engineers paid to work on qooxdoo patch it?

,-[qooxdoo-1.1-sdk/framework/source/class/qx/Bootstrap.js:554]

| getClass : function(value)
| {
| var classString = Object.prototype.toString.call(value);
| return (
| qx.Bootstrap.__classToTypeMap[classString] ||
| classString.slice(8, -1)
| );
| },

,-[ibid.:554]

| isString : function(value)
| {
| // Added "value !== null" because IE throws an exception "Object
| // expected"
| // by executing "value instanceof Array" if value is a DOM element that
| // doesn't exist. It seems that there is a internal different between a
| // JavaScript null and a null returned from calling DOM.
| // e.q. by document.getElementById("ReturnedNull").
| return (
| value !== null && (
| typeof value === "string" ||
| qx.Bootstrap.getClass(value) == "String" ||
| value instanceof String ||
| (!!value && !!value.$$isString))
| );
| },

This alone proves that qooxdoo is junk as its authors are completely
clueless. Get over it.

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <f806at$ail$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk>