From: Wolfgang Moser on
Hello CBM'ers,

this is a message forward from the OpenCBM user mailing list where Nate
Lawson annouced the beta release of his version of a firmware for an USB
based transfer cable as backend for OpenCBM. Read on...

Womo

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Subject: [opencbm-user] xum1541 beta now available
Date: 12 Dec 09 01:15:19 GMT
From: nate (at) root (dot) org (Nate Lawson)

I'm proud to announce that the beta release of the xum1541 USB floppy
adapter is now available. The firmware and host-side code are now
available in OpenCBM cvs. See the xum1541 home page (below) for
information about building and setting up the first hardware, based on
the Atmel AT90USBKEY development board.

This beta is pretty well-tested on Windows and Mac OS X, including error
handling cases. However, both the device and host-side code is likely to
change between now and the final release, so be sure you're willing to
upgrade if you want to start using it now. Notably, the nibbler support
is still being debugged, so it isn't enabled yet.

I'd like to thank Wolfgang Moser, Spiro Trikaliotis, and Christian
Vogelgsang for testing various code drops, building their own devices,
and providing good advice as things progressed.

http://www.root.org/~nate/c64/xum1541/

--
Nate