From: Georgios Petasis on
I am pleased to announce version 2.2 of the TkDND extension.

What is new in TkDND 2.2?

1) Fixed encoding handling under Windows.

Linux support is still not working (both dragging and dropping).

What is TkDND?
TkDND is a binary extension for Tk, which adds native drag & drop
capabilities to the Tk toolkit. It can be used with any Tk version equal
or greater to 8.3.3 and currently only the UNIX (X-Windows), Microsoft
Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and OS X (Leopard) operating systems (Tk 8.6 is
required for OS X).

The project home page, including documentation, examples and download
links, can be found at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd/

http://www.ellogon.org/petasis/tcltk-projects-mainmenu-38/tkdnd-mainmenu-39

How to get it?
TkDND can be downloaded from the following locations:

Sources:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd/files/TkDND/TkDND%202.2/tkdnd2.2.tar.gz/download

Windows Binaries:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd/files/TkDND/TkDND%202.2/tkdnd2.2.zip/download

All files: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd/files/

George Petasis
From: Jeff Hobbs on
On Aug 4, 12:45 am, Georgios Petasis <peta...(a)iit.demokritos.gr>
wrote:
> I am pleased to announce version 2.2 of the TkDND extension.
> Linux support is still not working (both dragging and dropping).

What is it about Linux (Xdnd) that isn't working? This used to be
functional, and I figure Xdnd hasn't changed much.

Jeff
From: George Petasis on
Στις 4/8/2010 8:19 μμ, ο/η Jeff Hobbs έγραψε:
> On Aug 4, 12:45 am, Georgios Petasis<peta...(a)iit.demokritos.gr>
> wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce version 2.2 of the TkDND extension.
>> Linux support is still not working (both dragging and dropping).
>
> What is it about Linux (Xdnd) that isn't working? This used to be
> functional, and I figure Xdnd hasn't changed much.
>
> Jeff

Dragging from Tk has not been implemented at all in the 2.x series.
Dropping to Tk used to work, but not anymore. I use "selection get" to
get the dropped data in TkDND, which used to work. I doesn't any more.
"selection get" returns an error (selection owner didn't respond).

What I suspect is because I don't use the correct timestamp (selection
get uses always CurrentTime). I have submitted a TIP today about this,
we will see...

Regarding the protocol, it does change from time to time, but I think
that the implementations (i.e. Qt's) change all the time...

George