From: "PEAR Announce" on
The new PEAR package HTML_QuickForm2-0.4.0 (alpha) has been released at http://pear.php.net/.

Release notes
-------------
Milestone 4: port of HTML_QuickForm_Controller, group rules

Major additions and changes
* Includes a port of HTML_QuickForm_Controller. It is now possible to create
multipage forms (wizards, tabbed forms, etc.) with HTML_QuickForm2
* It is now possible to leverage existing rules for group validation
(see also request #12610)
* Rule configuration redone, now an error for an incomplete or bogus
configuration will be thrown immediately on adding a Rule rather than on
validating with it. Rule::getConfig() will now return the complete
configuration rather than a local part of it.

Features added
* It is possible to disable "intrinsic validation" for select
elements (request #13088)
* Checkboxes named 'foo[]' properly get their values from data sources
(request #16806)
* Arrays generated by Array Renderer for fieldsets and groups contain
'type' keys (request #16937)
* Added setElementTemplateForGroupClass() and setElementTemplateForGroupId()
methods HTML_QuickForm2_Renderer_Default setting templates for grouped
elements within a group of a given class or with a given id, respectively

Bug fixes
* E_NOTICE for an undefined index could be emitted when outputting
a checkbox (bug #16816)

Backwards compatibility issues
* HTML_QuickForm2_Renderer_Default::setGroupedTemplateForClass() is
deprecated
* If you implemented custom Rules, you should rewrite them to conform
to the new Rule configuration approach (this may require implementing
custom mergeConfig() and setConfig() methods) and implement
validateOwner() method instead of checkValue(). Old-style Rules will emit
notices in 0.4.0 and will stop working completely in the next release.
* Packaging changes: data/, docs/ and tests/ contents are installed without
redundant subdirectories, e.g. quickform.css now resides in
@data_dir@/HTML_QuickForm2 rather than
@data_dir@/HTML_QuickForm2/data

Package Info
------------
PHP5 rewrite of HTML_QuickForm and HTML_QuickForm_Controller packages.

This package provides methods to create, validate and render HTML forms.

Features:
* Supports all form elements defined by HTML standard
* Server-side validation, several common rules provided
* Multipage forms (tabbed forms and wizards)
* Pluggable elements, rules, renderers and renderer plugins

Major advantages over PHP4 version:
* DOM-like API for building the form structure, new streamlined API for
elements' values handling
* Default rendering without tables (inspired by
HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless)
* Renderer plugins for elements with complex rendering needs
* Ability to chain validation rules with 'and' and 'or'

Related Links
-------------
Package home: http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm2
Changelog: http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm2/download/0.4.0
Download: http://download.pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm2-0.4.0.tgz

Authors
-------
Alexey Borzov (lead)
Bertrand Mansion (lead)

From: Mark Steudel on
Yay love seeing work continue on this project. I have yet to find
another Form library that I enjoy using as much as this one. Keep up
the great work!

MS

Mark Steudel
P: 206.375.7244