From: ALLAN_ASHFORD on
Hi All

A database I created for a client some years ago has a macro which contains
an append query. This macro repeats itself until a condition is met and has
run thousands of times without any problem.

The client has asked that I make the database work for multiple factories.
Without going into too much detail the same macro and append query are needed
in the spin-off databases (one for each factory).

The problem is that the append query will not run in any of the spin-off
databases as part of the macro although the macro itself is unchanged, but
will run in isolation when it performs correctly and gives no error messages.
I have run the macro with SetWarnings ON, but only get the warnings that you
would normally expect.

I have pasted over the macro, the append query and the underlying select
queries from the original database, but to no effect.

Please has anyone any ideas on what is happening? I have spent nearly 2 days
on this without any success.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance offered.

Allan Ashford

From: Gina Whipp on
Allan,

Is there anything in the Append query that points it to a particular form or
table?

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: ALLAN_ASHFORD via AccessMonster.com on
Hi Gina

Not quite sure what you mean by "points it to a particular form or table".
The Append Query takes data from a Select Query which in turn takes data from
tables and queries and should append it to a linked table, but doesn't!!

Hope this helps.

Allan

From: Gina Whipp on
Allan,

Sometimes in the query you can have a field pointing to a particular field
in a form and the reason the query fails is because when you reused the
query that form is not there. OR something else on the criteria line is
causing the records to go nowhere. Copy/Paste the SQL of the query here and
let's see if that is the case here.

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: Fred on
A couple of "narrowing down" ideas. Test/see if:

The same query will run in a different (one step) macro
A different query will run in that macro