From: fniles on
I am trying to connect to AS400 using OLE DB, but either using SNAOLEDB or
IBMDA400 it gave me error "Run time error 3706: Provider can not be found.
It may not be properly installed".
I can connect ODBC Data source to AS400 using "Client Access ODBC Driver (32
bit)" by IBM.
Does it mean I do not have the SNAOLEDB or IBMDA400 OLE DB provider on my
machine ? Where can I get either one of those provider ? Is it free ?
Thanks.

Dim adoCon As ADODB.Connection

Set adoCon = New ADODB.Connection
'adoCon.Open "Provider=SNAOLEDB;Data Source=myASP400IPAddress;User
Id=myUserID;Password=myPassword"
adoCon.Open "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=myASP400IPAddress;User
Id=myUserID;Password=myPassword"

From: Robert Comer on
The AS/400 OLE provider is an optional part of "iSeries Access for Windows",
so you need to add it by doing a Selective setup. If you also install the
programmers toolkit, it adds some VB Wizards to make things easier...

--
Bob Comer

From: fniles on
Thanks.

> The AS/400 OLE provider is an optional part of "iSeries Access for
> Windows", so you need to add it by doing a Selective setup.
Is this part of Windows XP setup CD ?

From: Robert Comer on
> Is this part of Windows XP setup CD ?

No, it's only part of the iSeries for Windows installer, it doesn't come
with Windows itself. Whoever you are working for should have the installer
for it. I'm pretty sure you don't need a license to just use the OLE DB
Provider.

There's a technology preview of iSeries Access for Windows V5R4 here
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/windows/tech_preview.html
It includes the OLE provider.

But don't install this if you already have an older version of iSeries
Access unless your AS/400 admin wants you to.

--

> Thanks.
>
>> The AS/400 OLE provider is an optional part of "iSeries Access for
>> Windows", so you need to add it by doing a Selective setup.
> Is this part of Windows XP setup CD ?
>

> "Robert Comer" <bobcomer(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> The AS/400 OLE provider is an optional part of "iSeries Access for
>> Windows", so you need to add it by doing a Selective setup. If you also
>> install the programmers toolkit, it adds some VB Wizards to make things
>> easier...
>>
>> --
>> Bob Comer
>>

>> "fniles" <fniles(a)pfmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I am trying to connect to AS400 using OLE DB, but either using SNAOLEDB
>>>or IBMDA400 it gave me error "Run time error 3706: Provider can not be
>>>found. It may not be properly installed".
>>> I can connect ODBC Data source to AS400 using "Client Access ODBC Driver
>>> (32 bit)" by IBM.
>>> Does it mean I do not have the SNAOLEDB or IBMDA400 OLE DB provider on
>>> my machine ? Where can I get either one of those provider ? Is it free ?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Dim adoCon As ADODB.Connection
>>>
>>> Set adoCon = New ADODB.Connection
>>> 'adoCon.Open "Provider=SNAOLEDB;Data Source=myASP400IPAddress;User
>>> Id=myUserID;Password=myPassword"
>>> adoCon.Open "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=myASP400IPAddress;User
>>> Id=myUserID;Password=myPassword"

Pages: 1
Prev: Soap 3.0 Error Help
Next: VB3/4 control problem