From: Rob on
Hi there
is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or
other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some IPs
and So I m looking for a quick way to do that?
Rob

From: Morph on
In the message <4baa7480$1(a)news.sentex.net> Rob wrote:

| Hi there
| is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or
| other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some IPs
| and So I m looking for a quick way to do that?
| Rob

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008072142a.shtml
PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files
Using TFTP Server
From: Rob on

"Morph" <morph.news(a)g.m.a.i.l> wrote in message
> In the message <4baa7480$1(a)news.sentex.net> Rob wrote:
>
> | Hi there
> | is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or
> | other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some
> IPs
> | and So I m looking for a quick way to do that?
> | Rob
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008072142a.shtml
> PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files
> Using TFTP Server

thanks but looks like all the solutions merging tftp server's cofig file
to running-config, how can I replace it totaly?

From: Rob on
Rob <Rob(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Morph" <morph.news(a)g.m.a.i.l> wrote in message
>> In the message <4baa7480$1(a)news.sentex.net> Rob wrote:
>>
>> | Hi there
>> | is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or
>> | other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some
>> IPs
>> | and So I m looking for a quick way to do that?
>> | Rob
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008072142a.shtml
>> PIX/ASA: Backup and Restore the Security Appliance Configuration Files
>> Using TFTP Server
>
> thanks but looks like all the solutions merging tftp server's cofig file
> to running-config, how can I replace it totaly?

From that description, use the variant that copies the tftp server's
config file to the startup-config.
Then reload the box.

Don't use the variant that copies to running-config, that leads to
subtle problems.
From: Jacques Virchaux on
Rob a �crit :

> is there anyway to replace and ASA5505 config file with a config.txt or
> other format, I have to setup 10 ASA, all the same config except some IPs
> and So I m looking for a quick way to do that?

You can do it via the console or management port :

ciscoasa# configure term
.... >>> your configuration file to paste here <<<
ciscoasa(config)# ^Z
ciscoasa# write memory
ciscoasa# reload

The configuration file (you get it from a show running-configuration)
can be edited for each ASA with the correct parameters. Be carefully with
some hidden items (****).

Using the management port is a DHCP by default.

--
Jacques Virchaux
EPFL - DIT-TI _|_