From: mluggy on
Is there a ready script/function that will convert ASCII text to UTF-8?
From: Adam Cameron on
> Is there a ready script/function that will convert ASCII text to UTF-8?

ASCII is a subset of UTF-8: the character codes are the same.

--
Adam
From: mluggy on
Thanks Adam. actually the problem I'm facing is that users are using a webform
to send Hebrew chars on a windows-1255 encoded page. The form content then get
<cfmail>ed using the default utf-8 (CFMX 6.1) and the message is shown as
squares. Any workaround you know of?

From: Adam Cameron on
> Thanks Adam. actually the problem I'm facing is that users are using a webform
> to send Hebrew chars on a windows-1255 encoded page. The form content then get
> <cfmail>ed using the default utf-8 (CFMX 6.1) and the message is shown as
> squares. Any workaround you know of?

If you do a search of these forums on "special characters", you'll get more
info than you can shake a stick at.

This issue did the rounds (and round and round and round!) a coupla years
ago, so the info is all there.

--
Adam
From: PaulH *ACE* on
mluggy wrote:
> Thanks Adam. actually the problem I'm facing is that users are using a webform
> to send Hebrew chars on a windows-1255 encoded page. The form content then get
> <cfmail>ed using the default utf-8 (CFMX 6.1) and the message is shown as
> squares. Any workaround you know of?

it would be better to use unicode than a windows codepage. but if you
must, cfmail has a charset option, use that (along w/the other cf
encoding hints like cfprocessingdirective, etc.).

Pages: 1
Prev: cfreport
Next: Reading HTTP Header Variables