From: richy2424 on
Hi i am using cfreport to generate a pdf, this works fine on my local machine
but when uploaded to the server i get this error below,

any ideas why this is, or what i need to do to correct this

many thanks

Attribute validation error for tag CFREPORT.
The tag does not allow the attribute(s) FORMAT,QUERY. The valid attribute(s)
are DATASOURCE,FORMULA,ORDERBY,PASSWORD,REPORT,TIMEOUT,TYPE,USERNAME.

The error occurred in E:\Inetpub\vs111061\Cart\act_create_labels.cfm: line 69

67 :
68 : <!--- ### CREATE AND DISPLAY LABEL REPORT ### --->
69 : <cfreport query="list_labels"
report="http://www.dpsguide.com.au/Cart/avery_5160.cfr" format="pdf"></cfreport>
70 : </cfif>

From: Richard McKenna on
Looks like your mixing the syntax for crystal reports and coldfusion report
builder. See the tag documentation here.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFusion_Documentation&file=part_cfm.htm

--
Kind Regards,

Richard McKenna

From: Richard McKenna on
Hi, looks like you mixing up the Crystal Reports syntax and the ColdFusion
Report Builder syntax for the cfreport tag, Hope this helps, see below.

<!--- Syntax 1 - Use this syntax with the ColdFusion Report Builder. --->
<cfreport
template = "report definition filename"
format = "PDF or FlashPaper" or "excel"
name = "cf variable"
filename = "output filename"
query = "query variable"
overwrite = "yes" or "no"
encryption = "128-bit" or "40-bit" or "none"
ownerpassword = "password"
userpassword = "password"
permissions = "permission list"

cfreportparam tags [optional]

</cfreport>

OR

<!--- Syntax 2 - Use this syntax with Crystal Reports. --->
<cfreport
report = "report_path"
dataSource = "ds_name"
type = "type"
timeout = "number of seconds"
orderBy = "result_order"
username = "username"
password = "password"
formula = "formula">
</cfreport>

From: macca242424 on
Hi whats is the difference between the two reports, i have created the report in coldfusion report builder, does the testing server need to support this report?
From: richy2424 on
Hi whats is the difference between the two reports, i have created the report in coldfusion report builder, does the testing server need to support this report?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Connecting to Excel
Next: ASCII to UTF-8 converter?