From: Jerry C on
I have a application in the same website as sharepoint 3.0 and the profiles
are not working. The profiles are the one that goes with
membership,rolls,personalization and profile providers in config.sys.

When I host this website this site in a website that is not a sharepont
website it works ok.

The only fix may be excluding this site from the sharepoint 3.0. (Previous
post).
I was hoping there was another fix other than excluding.

--
Jerry
From: Luke Zhang [MSFT] on
Hello Jerry,

When you included the application in the WSS site, it will use WSS site's
authentication and membership management. So I think we had better exclude
it from the WSS site, or you may need to consider rebuild in the web
application with WSS security.

Sincerely,

Luke Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

From: Jerry C on
This site is in the same web site as Wss 3.0 (Sharepoint - 80) but since it
is excluded by default it seems there is no way to realy exclude it from Wss
3.0. (See other post).
To solve this problem I will need some information on how to build the site
with WSS security. Both sites can use the same type of security (Membership
or activedirectory)
--
Jerry

From: Luke Zhang [MSFT] on
Hello Jerry,

What are the RoleProvider and MembershipProvider, SqlRoleProvider and
SqlMembershipProvider? When you said "the profiles are not working", do you
mean there is some error message, or some thing else?

And here is an article about WSS 3.0 authentication:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/74f80404-bfba-43b5-8941-9
5c4795df9d11033.mspx?mfr=true

From: Jerry C on
Luke.

Sorry it took this long to get back to this post.

The profile is the one describek in the web.config of a site.

<profile defaultProvider="ProfileProv" enabled="true">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="ProfileProv" connectionStringName="MemConnection"
type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
</providers>
<properties>
<add name="SortOrder" defaultValue="Name ASC"/>
<add name="ViewType" defaultValue="List"/>
</properties>
</profile>

this allows you to use the line in vb:

Dim strView as string = Profile.ViewType

This line breaks in a site hosted in the same website as sharepoint so it it
not totally excluded from sharepoint.

if i comment out my sites <profile> entry The site has a profiel object but
my property is not there. So if I knew where the config file with sharepoints
definition of profile properties I could put mine in there.

Thank you

--
Jerry