From: Victor Roger Boon on
Hello
One question is the ASUS A7V333-X a power pc ?
I have probl�me to install adobe software on the pc "not possible to install
this software on power pc", it is wright if the ASUS bord is a power pc
but???
Tanks for You help
Roger

From: KCB on

"Victor Roger Boon" <r.v.boon(a)swing.be> wrote in message
> Hello
> One question is the ASUS A7V333-X a power pc ?
> I have probl�me to install adobe software on the pc "not possible to
> install this software on power pc", it is wright if the ASUS bord is a
> power pc but???
> Tanks for You help
> Roger

I remember PowerPC was a type of RISC processor, and could refer to the
whole system it was in. I don't believe that motherboard supports PowerPC
chips, it is a Socket A board?

From: Paul on
KCB wrote:

> "Victor Roger Boon" <r.v.boon(a)swing.be> wrote in message
>> Hello
>> One question is the ASUS A7V333-X a power pc ?
>> I have probl�me to install adobe software on the pc "not possible to
>> install this software on power pc", it is wright if the ASUS bord is a
>> power pc but???
>> Tanks for You help
>> Roger
>>

> I remember PowerPC was a type of RISC processor, and could refer to the
> whole system it was in. I don't believe that motherboard supports
> PowerPC chips, it is a Socket A board?

Your A7V333-X would be an "IBM PC compatible" kind of product. It
has a S462 CPU socket and takes AMD Athlon or later 32 bit processors.

In no way, would it be described as a PowerPC. A major consumer
of PowerPC RISC processors, was Apple computer. So Adobe could be
referring to Apple Macintosh in their statement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpc

If you're running the Apple OS on top of your A7V333-X motherboard
(Hackintosh), that may be confusing the Adobe Software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackintosh

You should really clarify:

1) What OS are you running on the computer containing the A7V333-X ?
2) Is the Adobe Software intended for IBM PC or for Apple Macintosh ?
If the software is for Apple Macintosh, is the software for original
Motorola CISC, PowerPC RISC, or Intel Core series ? Some software
products, will support more than one of those options.

It should indicate somewhere on the box the Adobe software came
in, as to the primary platform the software is for.

If you read the SKU or product code off the Adobe box, maybe there
is a technical description of the product listed on the web somewhere.

Paul
From: Victor Roger Boon on
Hello
I add CPU info

Property Value
Number of CPU(s) One Physical Processor / One Core / One Logical Processor
Vendor AuthenticAMD
CPU Full Name AMD Athlon XP
CPU Name AMD Athlon(TM) XP
CPU Code Name Barton
Technology 0.13�
Platform Name Socket A
Type Original OEM processor
FSB Mode DDR
Type ID 0
CPU Clock 2083.11
L2 Cache Speed 2083.11 MHz
L2 Cache Speed Full
CPU Family / Model / Stepping 6 / A / 0
L1 I-Cache 64 KB
L1 D-Cache 64 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB
RDMSR 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
MMX Yes
MMX+ Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 No
SSE3 No
SSE4A No
3DNow! Yes
3DNow!+ Yes
DualCore No
HyperThreading No
AMD64 No
NX No
VT No
PowerNow! No
LongHaul No
LongRun No
Architecture x86

"Victor Roger Boon" <r.v.boon(a)swing.be> a �crit dans le message de news:
hk0gbt$tgp$1(a)news.brutele.be...
> Hello
> One question is the ASUS A7V333-X a power pc ?
> I have probl�me to install adobe software on the pc "not possible to
> install this software on power pc", it is wright if the ASUS bord is a
> power pc but???
> Tanks for You help
> Roger

Pages: 1