From: rondemedellinNOSPAM on
Hi, I have just installed Windows 7 on an old PC with ASUS P4P800-E
Deluxe motherboard. Only just immediately windows 7 worked fine but
when I turned off my PC and turn on it again I don't see the desktop
anymore. The PC shows on a black sceening. It seesm that my PC doesn't
see the monitor. In safe mode it is ok. In normal mode it shows the
desktop one time every 20 times.
Is it a motherboard problem?
Can I solve my problem?
thanks
From: Rob C. on
rondemedellinNOSPAM(a)alice.it wrote:
> Hi, I have just installed Windows 7 on an old PC with ASUS P4P800-E
> Deluxe motherboard. Only just immediately windows 7 worked fine but
> when I turned off my PC and turn on it again I don't see the desktop
> anymore. The PC shows on a black sceening. It seesm that my PC doesn't
> see the monitor. In safe mode it is ok. In normal mode it shows the
> desktop one time every 20 times.
> Is it a motherboard problem?
> Can I solve my problem?
> thanks
It sounds like you might need to update your video cards driver.
From: Peter Johnson on
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:36:21 +0100, rondemedellinNOSPAM(a)alice.it
wrote:

>Hi, I have just installed Windows 7 on an old PC with ASUS P4P800-E
>Deluxe motherboard. Only just immediately windows 7 worked fine but
>when I turned off my PC and turn on it again I don't see the desktop
>anymore. The PC shows on a black sceening. It seesm that my PC doesn't
>see the monitor. In safe mode it is ok. In normal mode it shows the
>desktop one time every 20 times.
>Is it a motherboard problem?

I had a Windows 7 problem, getting a blank screen when resuming from
sleep. Turn out to be because I had Java installed.
From: justin on
On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:40:36 +0000, Peter Johnson
<peter(a)nospam.narrowgaugeuk.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:36:21 +0100, rondemedellinNOSPAM(a)alice.it
>wrote:
>
>>Hi, I have just installed Windows 7 on an old PC with ASUS P4P800-E
>>Deluxe motherboard. Only just immediately windows 7 worked fine but
>>when I turned off my PC and turn on it again I don't see the desktop
>>anymore. The PC shows on a black sceening. It seesm that my PC doesn't
>>see the monitor. In safe mode it is ok. In normal mode it shows the
>>desktop one time every 20 times.
>>Is it a motherboard problem?
>
>I had a Windows 7 problem, getting a blank screen when resuming from
>sleep. Turn out to be because I had Java installed.

Which version of windows 7 is the one to get? I definitely want x64.
From: Barry Watzman on
For most people, the 32-bit version is probably the better choice.
There are still a lot of compatibility issues with the 64-bit version as
regards both software compatibility and hardware drivers.