From: 37or38 on
I've had my Asus MB for almost a year now?
Their servers are Never "up"

Any secrets to using this program ?

From: Paul on
37or38 wrote:
> I've had my Asus MB for almost a year now?
> Their servers are Never "up"
>
> Any secrets to using this program ?

Really ? For me, their servers are never down.

Try going to the download page, and download a BIOS
file from there. Do these work for you ?

http://support.asus.com.tw/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

or

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

The download speed of the site varies all over the place, from
good to terrible. But I usually don't have a problem selecting
the site.

The content of the actual download servers is not exactly the
same. You will be offered these options. For my motherboards,
I usually have good luck with "Global" or "USA". If you click
an empty link, try one of the other servers.

Global USA Europe China Japan

HTH,
Paul
From: TheCroW on
> I've had my Asus MB for almost a year now?
> Their servers are Never "up"
>
> Any secrets to using this program ?

Same here, that Asus update program is totally useless. And don't bother
mailing about it, you will not get any answer. At best you can go to the
Asus site ... that is, when it runs cause also the Asus site is not very
usefull connection wise :-(. But when it is, go do a search for your
hardware and check for any updates there.

Menno

From: Percival P. Cassidy on
On 09/25/07 10:02 pm 37or38 wrote:

> I've had my Asus MB for almost a year now?
> Their servers are Never "up"
>
> Any secrets to using this program ?

Occasionally it's down but usually OK -- in my experience.

Perce
From: 37or38 on

"TheCroW" <news(a)nospam3dart4u.com> wrote in message
>> I've had my Asus MB for almost a year now?
>> Their servers are Never "up"
>>
>> Any secrets to using this program ?
>>

> Same here, that Asus update program is totally useless. And don't bother
> mailing about it, you will not get any answer. At best you can go to the
> Asus site ... that is, when it runs cause also the Asus site is not very
> usefull connection wise :-(. But when it is, go do a search for your
> hardware and check for any updates there.
>
> Menno
I think you are the only one in this thread that understood my comment was
about the program, ASUS Update, (which lists the servers it's trying to
contact) !
Wonder why they still offer the program itself for download when it has
nothing to talk to ?